E S C A P E

An awkward silence fell over the jet. You had met these 'Avengers' and hoped they didn't ask about the scars everywhere, and the fresh bruises on your face. You could fell Captain America's eyes on you, more like the large scar on your arm, but you did not look at him. Dressed only in a black tank top and black shorts, wearing no shoes, it was no wonder that everyone saw the scars. Tired of the silence, you nervously spoke up.

    "Um, w-where are we g-going?" You quickly said, looking over to Bruce who, was the nicest person you've met so far. You only really felt safe with the Captain and him.

    "We're going to SHIELD'S base." Bruce replied. You were worried, SHIELD sounded like HYDRA, but only a bit nicer.

Steve, who had been stareing at you noticed the scars on your wrists, but chose not to say anything. He did although, speak up about the worried expression on your face. "There's nothing to be nervous about, you'll be fine." Steve reassured. You turned your head towards him, but glanced away quickly when you met his eyes. You never liked making unnecessary eye contact.

You had a plan, and a good one. When you get off the jet, you'd turn invisible and make a run for it. Sure, these 'Avengers'  were kind, and had rescued you from the HYDRA base, but they also weren't trustworthy. You hadn't even known them for a day. And your training was kicking in, never trust anyone. They told you that after a failed mission. You were fourteen.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

(Flashback music)

The mission had failed, you were back at the base, and now you were tied to a chair. A sharp pain came from your right arm, a knife cutting through your flesh. You refused to cry. You had been tied up and questioned during your mission, all because you listened to the nice women who had come up to you. You were then ushered away into a dark room, and met by the same women and a man. They asked who you were, and you spilled almost everything about yourself. Of course after that and being rescued, HYDRA had to go and kill them because they knew about your invisibility, but they didn't care for your nature abilities. You had gotten ten scars that day, a painful reminder to never trust anyone.

(Flashback ends)

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

You hadn't noticed that you were tracing the large scars on your arm, until a familiar voice cut in. "If you don't mind me asking ma'am, where did you get those scars?" The Captain questioned. "Failed mission, and call me (y/n)." You replied. He looked at you, finally meeting your eyes. "What happened?"

    "I trusted someone I shouldn't have, ended up telling them all about myself." You said.

    "And they did that? All for some small mistake?"

    "I was quite the little secret, and... In HYDRA you don't make mistakes."

He nodded reaching over and lightly tracing the scar on your arm, "must've been one hell of a secret..." He mumbled. "Indeed." You stated. You both then fell silent, and he moved away again. "We're here!" Tony yelled, causing you to look over and out the window, spotting a large building. This is it... You thought, as the jet landed on the platform. As soon as you were out you turned to Tony, Steve, and Bruce.

    "Thanks for the ride." You said, and then you went invisible.

    "She's enhanced!" Tony yelled.

    "No kidding!" Steve yelled, as the three looked frantically for you.

As you ran you couldn't help but look back at the agents all looking frantically for you. You smiled for the first time in twelve years, sprinting away towards the woods. Finally feeling free.