I screamed but I couldn't even hear my own voice. Bangs filled the small craft space and I cringed disoriented and briefly deafened. 

The armour took every bullet. Even a fusion gun couldn't break through. The figure then jumped inwards and grabbed a guard by the throat, tossing him out as if he were a sack of grain. The other two didn't stand a chance.

My sleepy state was long gone and I scrambled against the plush seats trying to get any distance from the monstrous robotic figure. It punched the side door open–scratch that–off the craft. Then turned to me and grabbed me and flung me over the metal back with ease.

I closed my eyes completely terrified and knowing I was either going to die or die slowly. A fall from craft travel height was not survivable. 

He jumped.

We flew through the air for what felt like eternity but was actually mere seconds. Before landing inside a waiting craft. I was now clutching onto the killer for dear life.

"Please." I whispered to no one.

There was silence. I opened my eyes to take in the inside of the craft. Dumped on the floor I felt even more helpless. But somehow it was even more luxurious than my own craft. An emperor's craft. Only one person would--

"Hello again, Miss Xavier." I cool voice sounded from behind me.

I whirled around to find the devil herself gazing back.

– S C O R P I O N –

My heavily armoured guard dropped her onto the floor of the craft unceremoniously. I had to resist the urge to laugh at the flustered royal. In fairness she had just been tossed between fusion crafts 100 feet above the ground... 

At least I wasn't boring.

She spun around at the sound of my voice and her blue eyes still held stark terror.

"You." Her voice broke as she said the word.

I rolled my eyes and flicked my hood back. 

"Enough with the dramatics." I said in a bored tone as I swirled the drink in my hand. Seeing how differently we were both placed in the craft had me snapping my fingers. A guard had her in a seat opposite me with a drink waiting within moments.

"Drink." I ordered her.

She frowned, ignoring it entirely and looked across at me. It made my heart stutter but my face betrayed nothing.

"What the hell are you doing." She deadpanned. 

I choked on my drink at her forwardness and even my guards cast around incredulous looks.

"You realise that the entire city guard will be hunting you now?" She continued as she glared at me.

"I'm shaking." I said dripping sarcasm. 

"You should be!" She suddenly shouted. I watched her calmly as she got more hysterical. It was quite adorable, "–they have thousands of men and surveillance that will–"

"I'm going to stop you right there." I interrupted, casually flicking my hand up. "Not that your story didn't seem positively riveting..." I trailed off and she glared death at me, waiting for me to continue.

"Oh, I didn't have anything to say, I just wanted you to stop." I stated.

Proximo sniggered to my right and a few others disguised laughs as coughs. I grinned at her glare and gave her a wink over my glass.

"You should try it." I told her, as I flicked my eyes down to my own amber liquid. "It's a good year."

I wasn't sure if it was out of spite or she just needed one but she suddenly grabbed the nearby drink that was first offered and tossed it back. I laughed loudly. Then she threw the glass down, pulled a fusion pistol from inside her jacket out and levelled it at me.

The entire craft froze.

My breathing stopped and I felt every inch of my body tense.

"Now that I've got your attention, Scorpion." She spat the word. "You're going to take me back. Right now."

I felt Proximo's glance from the corner of my eye but my attention remained on the gun pointed at my head. I raised my hands slowly and tried to make eye contact with her.

"Just... put that down before you hurt yourself." I murmured in a low voice.

She snorted in response.

"Are you honestly that full of yourself? The gun is on you."

"Exactly." I emphasised as I eyed my guards more prominently. "And who do you think is going to be the first target when you shoot." I stated slowly. If she felt the gravity of her situation she hid it well.

The only sound that followed was the safety clicking off on the gun. My heart went through the floor. She wouldn't. She's not a killer... Yet the craft full of assassins and guards were at the mercy of a pampered royal. It would be laughable if I wasn't about to die.

"Last chance. Take. Me. Back." She said not wavering in the slightest. It had to make me wonder if she had been in situations like this before...

"Proximo." I said without taking my eyes off hers. "Inform the driver there has been a change of plan." I said putting heavy emphasis on the words. I didn't even have to look at Proximo to know he knew exactly what I meant.