Chapter 17

"Alright everyone get in standard formation!" I yelled at my quidditch team.

They all did what I said right away scared I'd have once again another outburst where my hair turns orange and my eyes become a dark black. When it happens my voice seems to amplify even louder then it usually is. I'd been mean and impatient since the fight I had with Eliza. I don't have anyone to vent to anymore. Anytime we see each other we just glare and with Carter it seems like he doesn't even know I exist anymore. He's been following Eliza around like a puppy dog. My heart breaks every time they're together because I should be there with them like old times. "Ok everyone I'm going to do a level 20 drill and if you can't keep up then you should just quit now!!" I yelled hopping on my broom and flying up with everyone else. We started to do different things on our brooms. Lately they only times I was happy was when I was with Sev or I was flying. Flying brought me to another universe where I could just let go. I know totally cliche right. I zoomed past Vinderslev and then zipped past Limones until I was all alone hovering right above the Forbidden Forest. "OKAY!!! All you can go about your stupid hobbies practice is over!!!" I yelled to everyone. Lowering myself to the ground I looked at my surroundings. It was very dark, but everyone knows that. "Lumos." I whispered and instantly by wand lit up. There was tree upon tree and a purple miss covered their bottoms. A fog had settled by my feet and the leaves of the trees were shaking in the wind. I shivered when I large gust of wind blew at me. Finally walking I traveled a bit farther looking at all the mysteries of the forest. A glistening, silver liquid caught my attention. Just looking it I knew it was unicorn blood, fresh unicorn blood. Only something terribly evil and cold would kill such a pure creature. Not even 20 feet away from me was the beautiful, white animal. It lay on the ground dead with puncture wounds on its neck. I dropped to my knees and pet it's mane. It's eyes blinked open then froze. It was now officially taken never to return to this Earth. Unless of course in an even more beautiful form. My breath caught in my throat as I realized that whatever or whoever that had killed this unicorn could be still very close. It would not refrain from killing a teenage girl if it had killed a freaking unicorn. Slowly I stood up with my broom and wand in hand. I walked back to the opening I had come in at, trying to be quiet. Just like every horror movie you've ever seen I stepped on a twig and of course it cracked under my weight. "Shit" I whispered. I man in a cloak appeared from behind the trees and what seemed like floated around me. I froze in terror not moving a muscle. He seemed to be examining me. I trembled as he eyed me with an intense glare. I'll come for you when the time is right" he whispered hoarsely before zipping into the trees once again. My heart was pounding so hard you could hear it a mile away. My eyes were frozen in terror and I was shaking like a puppy. Slowly I pulled my broom out and got on still in shock. Flying away as fast as I could I shook. As I entered the girls' dorm I moved as though I was in a trance. Everyone was downstairs in the common room. I sat on my bed and stared at the wall. My mind still was frozen and I didn't know when I would be able to think again. Then the last person I wanted to see entered the room, Eliza. She looked at me intently before her face unexpectedly softened. "Kayci are you all right?" she asked walking over to me. Slowly I shook my head, no emotion present on my face. "Oh my god what happened?" she said worriedly sitting on my bed. "Eliza I saw something in the forbidden forest." I said still an sadly in shock. "What were you doing in there?" she asked me. I'd never been so daring in my entire life. "He said when the times right he'll come for me."