Chapter 31: A Bad Day

Scout and George returned to Farraway Mist on a sunny, mild January afternoon. They'd spent the night in Surrey, with George's parents, and picked up the car, where Dennis and Brenda swore that, in the space of a few days, Scout and George's baby had gotten bigger, much to George's delight.

The first night back in their home, when they came together to make love, George was surprised to find that he couldn't comfortably reach when he pushed inside her. He hovered above Scout on the bed as she waited, finally rolling off of her as she asked, "What? Change your mind?"

"No, I haven't changed my mind," he replied with a laugh. "The baby's too big today, I can't reach from this position anymore!"

She went up on her elbow to look at his face. "Seriously? It's too dark for me to see your face, I can't tell if you're joking or not."

"Jesus, Scout, I'm so hard it hurts, we haven't fucked in days," he responded, though he was still laughing. "I'm not joking, you're going to have to take my word for it." He grasped her by her waist and lifted her on top of himself. "You're also going to have to get on top, mm kay?" he murmured, rising up to kiss her, groaning as he lost himself in the kiss. "God, hurry up before I just go off all over your belly, please."

Scout laughed comfortably as she rose up, making the sexiest sound as she came down and closed her soft heat around him. They slowly clasped hands as they came together in the darkness, their breathing becoming syncopated as they established a comfortable rhythm.

George released her hands so he could rub her when he realized he was going to finish really soon, so he wouldn't leave her behind. And because she was pregnant, Scout was swollen and engorged, with much more blood and tissue than usual, and therefore easier to bring to climax, and she came nearly as soon as he touched her, twice in quick succession. This in turn reminded her of her great-gran and she started laughing, even as she called out "George, George," as she bent over with the strength of her orgasms.

She felt George, deep inside her, shooting off hot and wet as he gripped her hips tightly with his strong hands and sat up a little, holding his breath. She waited without moving, her hands on his chest, until she felt him relax and lie back.

"What the fuck was that laughing about? Hm?" he asked breathlessly, laughing himself as he gave her a little shake. "Talk about bad timing, you little vixen!"

"Sorry! I'm sorry," Scout said, trying to control her chortling. "It's just that I came, like immediately, you know? Twice, and it made me think of gran--" she looked at George in the near darkness, becoming nearly helpless again with laughter.

"Hey, that's a good thing," he said earnestly, as Scout shifted off him, snuggling in next to his body. "I don't think you should be laughing about my prowess as a masterful lover, you know?"

His words only made Scout begin to snort with fresh giggles.

"Jesus, George, stop, or I'm going to choke to death," she begged, tears streaming out of her eyes. "I can't breathe," she gasped, struggling to draw breath.

"You're such a mean person," he remarked, stroking her beautiful back. "I take such wonderful care of you in every way, including in the sack, and you take every opportunity to just laugh at me, honestly."

Eventually Scout made so much noise that Jess and Bandit came to investigate, eyes big, sniffing curiously at the edge of the bed, which only caused her to laugh even more.

They finally fell asleep all wrapped up together, after getting dressed first, because it was so cold at night. They were awakened the next day by the workers outside, who had finally come to begin work on the new path and fence that had crumbled on the night Scout and George had nearly fallen to their death on the cliffs.