Chapter 19: Exciting News

"You're going to make me wait out here?" George asked in disbelief.

"You want to watch me pee on a stick?" Scout asked, equally disbelieving.

"Come on, Scout, surely we're past this?" George replied, talking to the door of the bathroom.

"George, no!" she responded, laughing. "I'll let you in when I'm finished, okay?"

"Fine," he replied, leaning against the wall in defeat.

They were at the upstairs bathroom, but the guest bathroom, not the master en suite, because George had hilariously told Scout that "the light was better" for reading the results of the test. She just stared at him and willed herself not to laugh.

Jess and Bandit hovered around George restlessly. He looked at them, murmuring, "I know, I can't believe she didn't let us in."

"I heard that," Scout called from behind the door.

"I meant you to," he called back.

Scout made a sound of impatience. "George! Be quiet! I can't do this while you're talking to me! I need to concentrate!"

"You need to concentrate to wee on a stick?" George asked, laughing.

"GEORGE!"

"Okay, okay!"

After a minute, George heard the door click, and he turned the knob and entered the sunny guest bathroom.

Scout sat on the counter, skinny legs swinging. The stick lay next to her. Her brown hair was in a pony tail which lay on her shoulder. She looked very fetching to George.

He smiled at her and leaned against the wall.

"How long do we wait?" he asked.

"Um, about two minutes?" Scout looked at her watch. "We have about a minute left," she informed him.

"Oh. Okay." George said casually. He swallowed. "Um, no pressure or anything, but you should know that Alfred and Sunil are sitting at the bottom of the stairs."

Scout grinned. "Really?"

George nodded. "Those boys worship you, you know? Starting with that first day, when they thought I was going to sack them? And you came along like some glorious beautiful angel and saved them, you know?" He came and stood between her legs, putting his arms around her. "I think they're the founding members of the 'Scout Lawson Fan Club'," he concluded softly.

Scout snorted.

She picked up the stick and looked at it over George's shoulder. She could feel him tense up as he held her, waiting for the news.

"Well, let's go tell Alfred and Sunil that they're going be honorary uncles in about seven months, shall we?" she said with her lovely, musical laugh, the laugh that always sounded like chimes to George. He closed his eyes as he hugged her even tighter, lifting her off the counter as she wrapped her legs around him.

"And then, George?" she continued.

"Yeah?"

"I want to fuck, okay?" she whispered, and her words, her warm breath in his ear, made George shiver and start to get hard.

He lowered her to the floor and they exited the bathroom hand in hand. Alfred and Sunil, who were indeed sitting at the bottom of the staircase, stood when they heard Scout and George, looking up, their faces one huge question mark.

"It's a go, boys," George said, unable to keep the smile off his face, the joy out of his voice. "But please keep it quiet for a bit, if you could? It's early days yet, and things could still go wrong, you know?"