[McCree x Pregnant!Reader]- Night

Requested by->
Okuri_San

You often found the winter to be an odd time. It was cold, the skies were grey, and the lively hood of all those around would cease for a few months until the warm months would return. Despite this seemingly desolate time, you were completely appeased with staying inside. While nature may rest, the growing child in your stomach seemed to be wide awake.

In fact, too awake.

You'd been up all night with an aching stomach and nausea, and your trusty fiancé McCree was right by your side. Until recently he had been up, attempting to assist your long night of misery, but he soon crashed in a chair. His eyes were closed, but he sat straight up as if ready to snap. Lack of sleep had been bothering both of you, and whenever you needed help he had to awaken quickly. In fact, he looked ready to do so now.

You smiled to yourself, cherishing his sweetness during the tedious journey. It'd been tough, and he'd surely enough been there for every ache, pain, case of vomiting, and doctor's visit. With that thought, you soon glanced away with a blush, and rather paid attention to the slowly dying fire in the fireplace. It provided a warm glow in the room, but the wide windows scoured throughout the home reminded you of the crystallized snow peacefully resting outside in the night despite the home's warmth.

Distantly, you wondered how the rest of Overwatch was doing. You and McCree had eventually broken off from them after he received a bullet to the upper thigh vital enough that it could've prevented walking. He required physical therapy for months, and soon decided he'd rather devote himself to making a family. Thus, you moved to the high mountains with him.

You'd both begun pursuing hobbies, traveling the world, and of course- falling further into love.

Your prior smile had widened throughout these thoughts, but was interrupted with a strong kick from your stomach. You breathed in sharply, rubbing your forehead.

Jeez, ouch.

"Huh..? I'm here, what? Sorry I—" McCree's thick accent appeared, causing your attention to snap to your side. He was standing now, his hat tipped over half his face as he felt around the coffee table blindly while trying to wake up.

Unable to help yourself, you laughed. "I'm alright, it was just a lil' kick." You calmly assured him, your hands coming to rest around the growing swell of your midsection.

He rubbed his eyes, walking over to you with heavy feet and a loud yawn before plopping down on the couch next to you with a tired but dashing grin.

"He's gonna be so much like me." He swooned, wrapping his hands over yours. His warm hands on your stomach were no new sensation, but still made you jump somewhat.

"She's gonna be so much like me!" You retorted, lightly pulling a hand out from under his to slap his wrist.

He rolled his eyes playfully, bringing his head to a rest on your shoulder. "Whatever you say."

Another strong kick resonated through your body, causing you to cough to cover a gasp. You frowned, and you felt Jesse lift his head from your shoulder.

"Ya' alright, Sugar?" He asked quizzically.

"Yeah." You responded with a tight grin.

He placed his head on your shoulder once more, and you both fell into a peaceful silence for a long while. Both in thought, or perhaps falling into slumber.

Another pain shook you from this trance, now eliciting a groan.

The couch shifted as McCree stood and walked in front of you, crouching to your eye level from where you sat. "I think I should call Angelia." He admitted, his hands tapping your knees lightly, as if to a song trapped in his mind.

You took his hands into your own, offering him another small smile.

"I'm fine." You assured his worried face, taking his hat and placing it on the small table accompanying you.

"Are you sure? You're sweating." He pointed out with a small frown.

"What? No I'm-" You felt around yourself, but found no wetness. Until..,

You froze.

"Jesse," You calmly began. "I think my water just broke."

~~~~~~

Be sure to leave requests! Fun little ones like this are interesting and cool to write, huge props to yoou guys for the awesome requests! Anyways, I was kinda wanting to do a yandere!character x reader or a character x yandere!reader. Any ideas?

If not, don't shy away from requesting per usual!