27

Aphrodite pov

'Days in the sun
When my life has barely begun
Not until my whole life is done
Will I ever leave you...'

I sang to myself as I looked up into the night sky. There was a ball going on down stairs in the ball room. The whole kingdom was there. It was for my wedding. We are to be married in two months. I had left the ball room a few minutes ago. I sighed and looked at the moon. I see my baby boy in Dimitri lap smiling up at them. A bird flew through the image and it vanished. A hand touched my shoulder and I turned to my twin.

"Let get you back with everyone."

"Right." I said and he held my to him as we walked back. We enter and I frown. Theodore danced with his sister. At the end they bowed and I sighed.

I looked at the girl singing the songs and frowned. I move to her and she smiled at me. She leaned in and hugged me and I hugged her. She knew my pain. She just lost her daughter before my son.

"They are going to play a video of you singing." She said and I frown. 

"What why?" I spoke.

"Just don't worry about that." She said. 

"Ari." I turn and looked up at Theo. "May I have this dance?"

"Yes." I spoke and took hold of his hand. 

We move out onto the dance floor and everyone stopped and turned to us. I curtsy low and come back up. He bowed and took my hand. The music begins and I frown. As we danced I hear a voice. One I knew very well. I look over his shoulder and see a video of me singing.

'Days in the sun
When my life has barely begun
Not until my whole life is done
Will I ever leave you

Will I tremble again
To my dear one's gorgeous refrain

Will you now forever remain
Out of reach of my arms

All those days in the sun
What I'd give to relive just one
Undo what's done
And bring back the light

Oh, I could sing of the pain these dark days bring
The spell we're under
Still it's the wonder of us I sing of tonight

How in the midst of all this sorrow
Can so much hope and love endure
I was innocent and certain
Now I'm wiser but unsure'

I lay my head on Theodore's shoulder as we moved. This is the song I sang to my baby boy every night seeing he really enjoyed it. My grandma sang it to me on her death bed when I was only five. She always told me the stories of how the purebloods came to love human kind. And it always was the same each time. My mom's mother died at the age of one thousand and six hundred years old but didn't even look over thirty. She was one of the first purebloods and the stories she told was that of my uncle. He fell in love with a human girl after loosing his mate. This woman. My aunt Jessica still lives and so does he. 

I can't go back into my childhood
(All those precious days...)
One that my father made secure
(...couldn't last)

I can feel a change in me
I'm stronger now but still not free

Days in the sun
Will return, we must believe
As lovers do
That days in the sun will come shining through' 

By the time the dance ended I was in tears. I went to pull away but he held me knowing how much I needed it. When we do pull away he smiled down at me. Dimitri ran up to me and I smiled at him. He raised his hands for me to pick him up and I did. He smiled at me and wiped my tears. By wipe I mean he ran his hand down my face. I smiled and kissed his nose and he giggled.