Chapter Fifty -Trial and Tribulations-

Start from the beginning

"I said only look at me, you brat."

Prince Levi's thumb parted my lips as he leant close, whispering sweet words of encouragement. I rose my arms to his neck and pulled him close, expressing my desire to keep him against me.

"I'll kiss you now."

I blushed softly as Prince Levi slowly pressed his lips against mine for a gentle, reassuring kiss. There was no lust, just the warmth of our love and burning desire to stay together. I felt like crying, but forced my tears away by deepening the kiss.

I tightly gripped Prince Levi's shoulders as he pulled away - far too concerned over the trial to continue the kiss. I won't cry... I won't... he wrapped his strong arms around my waist and secured my flustered body against his chest. I buried my head into his shoulder as he lightly ruffled my hair.

"I won't abandon you, (Y/N)."

I know that better than anyone. I reluctantly released my embrace as Prince Levi ordered I wash my: "shitty brat face." I smiled, glancing towards the large ticking clock which read eight thirty.

"Yes sir~"

I'm nervous...

|~~~~|

Nine o' clock.

Only two hours.

My unwanted separation from Prince Levi begins now - I'll be locked away inside a cell until the trial begins at eleven o' clock. My clothing was decided to remain true to my personality and ethnicity, a plain beige martial arts gi.

Prince Levi ordered I dressed just like usual -stating I'd feel far more confident and incredibly comfortable.

As expected of a logical Prince, he could not permit my presence to attend the trial dressed in royal finery as he wished to demonstrate to the courts I sought Prince Levi's heart - not his wealth.

I glanced towards the clock which now read nine o' clock on the dot.

"It's time, brat. We'll be separated from now on. I won't see you until the trial."

I nodded, lightly squeezing Prince Levi's hand as several guards turned the corner and approached his luxury chambers. Our gentle hold immediately dropped as four palace guards seized me by either arm and proceeded to escort me back to the treacherous cells once again.

I sharply turned my head, meeting the angered and distressed stare of Prince Levi - who remained firmly rooted to the elegant carpet, tightly clenching his pale fists.

I forced a wary smile, hoping to ease his worries - only he glared fiercely instead. Anger overpowered him. My smile allowed him to remain still, knowing he'd see it again after the trial was finally over.

Once I was forcefully pulled around the palace corner and lead down a dark hallway - I knew my return to the cells was inevitable.

I should've savoured any expression Prince Levi offered me in attempts of soothing the painful ache of my heart. I'd reflect on his scary glare if necessary. I'm only here for two hours... the trial will be announced very soon...