"You just love to make fun of me." She mumbled and pushed my hand away, which I forwarded to stop her from moving away.

"What can I say when you get angry, you look so beautiful making me think of some not so innocent thoughts which is not advisable right now. So, I am trying to remove it." I said shrugging.

"Nakul!" she said in a shocked tone, but her face showed her embarrassment.

"Sit down and we will have our dinner with innocent moments." I said, gesturing the chair and she closed her eyes taking a deep breath before doing as I said.

"Did I tell you that I love you?" I asked when we were lying on the bed later.

"Not recently!" she replied without opening her eyes while I just stared at her face.

"I don't know anything else to do." I replied and she laughed opening her eyes.

"This bed rest has been too bad for you, Nakul. You are becoming too cheesy." She said, pulling my cheeks.

"You are complaining?" I asked, raising my eyebrow.

"Never!" she replied, kissing me and drifted off into sleep, but I didn't, holding her with a smile but then it slipped a little.

I need to find whatever that is being hidden from me and then I can clear everything before settling back into the life with the woman in my arms.

"Be careful!" I smiled when she held my hand tightly when I climbed down another step and it seems like I am walking for the first time and she is worried about it.

"Maheshwari! It seriously feels like I am taking my first baby steps with your worry." I expressed my thoughts and she chuckled.

"It feels the same for me as if this is the first time for you and I don't know what will I do when our baby..." she stopped her babbling realizing what she was saying.

"I... I was just..." she trailed off when I didn't utter a word.

"Our baby?" I asked, moving my hand to remove her hold over it and she immediately moved back with panic in her eyes.

However, I caught her and pulled her to me before she can move more. I smiled when she finally is in my arms completely.

"I like the ring of it, but we are no where near it. Shall we correct the problem?" I asked, trailing my lips at the angle of her jaw and moved near her lips while she blushed.

"First get well soon." She whispered and I tightened my grip around her.

"And then it is fine?" I asked, grinning and she slapped my shoulder, but hugged me without saying anything.

"Let's do my baby steps and at least I will remember this unlike my real first baby steps." I mumbled, not releasing her completely, but finally did realizing I should be able to do it alone.

I need to be able to do all this so that I can leave for her parents house when James gets his cast removed tomorrow and then after giving one or two weeks rest to his hand. Before that, if I get well, then she will not say that she will accompany me.

"Remembering your Mom?" she asked making me look at her in surprise.

"I mean, you are talking about the first steps and all. Your Dad and she must have been overjoyed." She added.

"I don't know about Dad, but he was kind of busy most of the time, but used to spend time with me. But my Mom used to be like so close to me and then..." I trailed off to which she frowned.

"We will go back? I think this is enough for practice." Saying that she turned us around and I felt not much pain in my ribs this time while climbing down but it is there climbing up.