⤿ part thirty one: how they left

Zayn Malik

*in this story, Zayn has one sister*

"When do I meet him Zayn?" His Mum asked him over the phone the day before spring break. "Because you're going to Mexico.. Oh! That's what I forgot to ask! Is Harry going with you three?"

"Mum," Zayn sighed. "I'm not going to Mexico,"

His Mum gasped on the other line. "You're not?!"

"No," Zayn chuckled. "No need to act so surprised,"

"But I am surprised!" Trisha continued on. "My son isn't taking the first opportunity he gets to jump on a plane?"

"Not this time," Zayn shook his head. 

It was quiet for a moment, as if his Mum was just catching on.

"It's your boyfriend, isn't it?" She questioned and Zayn could sense her smirk. "Did he say he didn't want to go, or?"

"He didn't say anything," Zayn said. "I.. I want to bring him home during spring break,"

It took Trisha a moment, but when she finally got it, she practically screamed. "You're bringing him home, home?"

"Yes home, home," Zayn smiled. "I want him to meet you and Amara," 

"Amara is going to St Lucia with Jesy," His mum answered, and Zayn rolled his eyes just hearing her name.

"Damn, Amara takes every opportunity she gets to leave," Zayn answered, chuckling.

"Let your sister have some fun," Trisha spoke. "She's half way done Uni anyways, she deserves it,"

"She's literally one year ahead," Zayn sassed, but his Mum shut him up quickly.

"I should get Miss Blakeslee to set up the guest room then, shall I?"

"No Mum," Zayn said quietly. "Can he stay in my room?"

"There's only one.. Zayn.." Trisha trailed off, and once again Zayn could just hear her smirk.

"Mum," He groaned. 

"No canoodling," His Mum smiled, which made Zayn's cheeks heat up.

"Is that a yes then Mum?" Zayn asked, just wanting to get off of this phone call.

"It's a yes,"

"Alright then Mum, I'll see you tomorrow?"

"You're coming tomorrow?! That soon!?"

"I'll see you tomorrow Mum," Zayn confirmed before the two exchanged goodbyes.

After putting his phone down, he turned around on his spinning chair to see Harry still cuddled up onto his bed wearing Zayn's Gucci hoodie.

Zayn smiled at the boy, who had slept over the night before.

After about a minute, Harry stirred and turned the other way.