⤿ part twenty four: how they were in love

Zayn Malik

"I am never getting out this bed as Jesy Nelson has officially ruined my life," Zayn stated for the last time as clearly as possible to Niall who was stood at the head of his bed, starring down at Zayn who was covered from head to two in blankets.

"Damn I wish Liam was here," Niall said under his breath. "Listen Zayn,"

Zayn didn't answer.

"You can't give her this kind of power," He said. "And chances are, people will love you no matter what. Especially here, everyone fucking worships you!"

"Not helping," Zayn said, his voice muffled beneath the infinite amount of sheets. "I wish Liam was here,"

"Well I'm sorry Liam decided to go on a day trip, he can do whatever the fuck he wants!" Niall said, then bit his lip. "Never mind we both need him here, should I call him?"

"Just go Niall," Zayn sighed. "Go find Jade or some shit. I don't know what do straight boys do?"

"What do you mean what do straight boys do? You spent your whole life up until now living like a straight boy!" Niall exclaimed.

Zayn was quiet. He stayed laid down for a second, then moved the sheets and turned to Niall.

"That was fucking hilarious," He said, bursting out into a fit of laughter which Niall gladly joined.

The laughter died down soon enough, and Zayn sat up, sheets falling to the ground.

"I need to see Harry," He said.

"Miss me with that gay shit," Niall said, which cued more laughter between the boys.

"Anyway," Zayn said, wiping his eyes as he had laughed way too hard. "You make things better,"

Niall sat down at the edge of Zayn's bed, and smiled. "Really? I mean, I'm no Liam but I have learnt a bit from all the pep talks he's given you,"

Zayn shrugged. "You're better than him,"

"That ones the lie," Niall said chuckling.

"True," Zayn nodded.

He sighed, falling back on his bed the only thing on his mind being Harry.

Everything about Harry made Zayn want him even more.

His eyes. His lop-sided grin. The sharp curve of his jawline.

His heart.

Harry's heart was what Zayn longed for the most.

"Can I tell you something Niall?" Zayn asked, his tone ever so soft.

"Anything," Niall said without any hesitation whatsoever.

"I think I'm in love with Harry," He stated simply.

Niall sat there, at the edge of Zayn's bed, just watching Zayn's eyes fill with such honesty.

Abruptly, Niall grabbed the excess sheets off of Zayn's body and threw them onto the floor.

"Then go get him," Niall stated, a grin upon his face. "Go fucking get him,"

"I can't just go get him!" Zayn chuckled, pulling his hood over his already messy hair.

"Who said?" Niall questioned, standing up and kicking the sheets around Zayn's room.

Zayn quickly shot up and stopped Niall by putting his leg in front of Niall's. "Don't kick my goddamn sheets around,"

"See you're up," Niall smiled, running towards the door. "Go get the boy you're in love with. You deserve him,"

Before Zayn could process it, Niall was out of the room and Zayn was left a bedroom drowning in sheets.

Without thought, Zayn made his way to the bathroom and stepped under the warm running water.

He washed his hair countlessly, and used basically an entire bottle of soap on his body.

The way Zayn felt about Harry, he had never felt about anyone ever in his life.

Harry made Zayn feel like there was something worth living for.

Harry made Zayn feel like the most important person out there.

Zayn wanted to spend all his time around Harry, Zayn wanted to hear his voice, watch his eyes. Zayn wanted to feel his body against Harry's.

Harry was Zayn's missing piece.

At least, it felt that way.

Zayn wanted everything Harry had to offer. The good and the bad, even though Zayn was convinced to the core that Harry only had good to offer.

Once Zayn had stepped out of the shower, he pulled on a pair of black skinny jeans which were ripped at the knee, and a simple white t-shirt which he covered with his Gucci jean jacket.

The one that he wore on his first (and only) date with Harry.

"Dressed to impress Mr Styles?" Niall asked, looking up from his phone and at Zayn who had just come out of his room.

"I'm dressed because I think I look good in this," He said, which was a complete lie and Niall knew it.

"You barely wear that jean jacket, you only save that for special occasions, meaning that Harry must've complimented it or something," Niall stated, and began tapping away on his phone.

"You know every single thing, don't you?" Zayn chuckled, as he walked to the front door and pulled on his black boots.

"I know that I know everything about my girlfriend.. If you know what I mean," Niall smirked, and Zayn ignored rolling his eyes.

"I'm off," Zayn said before grabbing his room key and leaving.

He basically ran to Harry's building, and upon arrival he sat down in the lobby, taking a breath.

A couple of girls walked by, whispering to each other just at the sight of Zayn.

Although it squeezed Zayn's heart at the reminder of Jesy's Snapchat story, he kept his hopes high as he stood up and took the elevator up to Harry's floor.

Outside of Harry's room, stood Luke making out with Jesy right in the way of the door.

Zayn tensed up as he cleared his throat.

It took the couple a second, but once they parted, Jesy eyed Zayn with a smirk.

"Big Z!" Luke yelled, letting go of Jesy and pulling Zayn into a man hug. "What's good?" He asked when the two parted.

"Uh, is Harry here?" Zayn asked, keeping his eyes away from Jesy which was surprisingly easy.

Zayn had never felt so powerful and free.

"Actually Zaynie.." Jesy butted in, pressing her hand against Zayn's shoulder.

Luke didn't seem to care, in fact, he was so distracted just staring at Jesy that he didn't even notice.

Zayn couldn't overreact, so he just waited for her to drop her hand.

"He's in my room, with Perrie," She said, smiling.

Zayn stepped back, causing her hand to leave Zayn's shoulder.

"Alright thanks," He said quickly before leaving the two to continue whatever they started beforehand.

Zayn took the elevator just one floor up, and started towards Perrie and Jesy's dorm room.

Zayn wasted no time and knocked on the door once he arrived.

Perrie answered, once again. "Hey Zayn,"

"Little birdie told me Harry was here?" Zayn smiled looking over Perrie's head to see Harry sat on Perrie's bed waving back at Zayn.

Perrie looked at Zayn, then back at Harry.

The two boys were in their own little bubble of Zayn and Harry.

a/n: Double update.

- Alexis !!