⤿ part eighteen: how they called

Zayn Malik

"Hey Liam?" Zayn questioned, knocking on Liam's closed bedroom door inside of their dorm room. 

"One sec Z," Liam called.

Zayn heard a bit of shuffling and whispering before Liam opened the door just a tad. 

"Hey Zayn," He spoke, only his head poking out of the door.

"Are you busy?" Zayn asked, figuring that he was with Louis. 

"Guess," Liam smirked, motioning back to his room. 

"I literally guessed it," Zayn rolled his eyes. "Louis is waiting for you to fuck him, right?"

"Excuse me?" Louis pushed Liam out of the way and opened the door wide to reveal him fully dressed, but wearing Liam's hoodie. "We're studying," He said, motioning towards Liam's bed which was covered in textbooks and loose sheets of lined paper. 

"My bad, I'm sorry Louis," Zayn put his hands up in defence. "I guess I'll come talk to Liam later,"

At this point, Liam's arm was tight around Louis' waist.

"Okay Z," Liam nodded, smiling down at Louis. "Later I'll be here,"

"Alright," Zayn said, walking away from the door.

As soon as the door slammed, Zayn realized that he couldn't wait much longer. 

"Hey Liam.. I'm gay!" He yelled, and immediately felt like throwing up.

There was more shuffling and then Liam's door opened again. "No shit bro,"

"Join the club," Louis smiled behind him.

"That's all?" Zayn questioned, kind of relieved. He didn't know what to expect, but he wasn't expecting a lecture from two of the closest gay friends he had. 

"That's all," Liam nodded.

"We kind of figured you were gay anyways Zayn," Louis said simply, while turning around and plopping back onto Liam's bed.

"We did," Liam said casually.

"You don't care? You don't have anything extra to say?" Zayn fiddled with the hem of his shirt.

"Fuck Zayn," Liam chuckled. "I care.. And I don't think you want anything extra, do you?"

"Just checking," Zayn finally forced a smile. "I'm going to Harry's dorm, alright?"

"Again," Louis yelled out. "Not a surprise,"

Zayn let out a sigh, and pulled his slush covered boots and thick winter coat on before heading to Harry's room.

On his walk across the street, he kept his earbuds in and his music loud, gladly blocking out every sound.

When he had gotten to Harry's building, he took the elevator up to Harry's room and upon arrival, Luke opened like always.

"Harry's in class," He said, already knowing that Zayn would be coming for Harry. "Sorry dude,"

"Nah," Zayn shook his head. "S'okay.. Which class?"

"Creative writing," Luke said. "You know where it is, yeah?"

"Yeah," Zayn said. "It's his last class of the day right?"

"Yeah, he'll be out in about an hour and a half, you can hang around here if you'd like,"

Zayn shook his head and kindly declined. "I've got some things to do, so I'll just.. Do those.. And then find Harry after,"