Author's Note

I always write one of these after I finish a book, and I didn't want to break tradition with Villainous! There's nothing like the feeling of finally getting to the end of a book. And as Villainous is the longest book I've ever written, it felt so good to finally type out that last sentence!

I was a bit nervous about seeing readers' reactions to Villainous, as I had to tread a fine line between making Delilah and Dante monstrous and making them likable enough to appeal to people. I wasn't sure whether I'd managed it - but you guys and your amazing response to this book completely set my mind at rest! I feel so, so grateful to you all for sticking with my villains and reading the whole book, so thank you!

It was great to read all your comments about Delilah and Dante and their relationship. I'm very glad most of you ship them ;)

I feel like the response to this novel is the most passionate I've had so far on Wattpad, which is amazing! I'd wanted to write a villains story for years and I'd occasionally write down a few paragraphs but never get very far. It was when I came up with the idea of Delilah and Dante, their characters and personalities, that I realised I'd finally found the perfect villains story to write! The entire world of Avalon was built around them, and I was in love with them since day one.

As for the sequel...

Remember that horrible roaring noise they hear in the battle of the Valley of Mist? Yeah... that's important. That's your first hint for what might happen in Book 2... I think at the moment the Villains series is just going to be a duology, but I haven't completely planned Book 2 out yet, so we'll have to wait and see what happens! (Edit: As of 2022, the series is going to consist of 3-4 books! My imagination ran away with me. Especially considering I started Villainous determined for it to be a standalone, even when I knew how it would end... but of course, Delilah would never have allowed that.)

I'll probably post some extra stuff (like a map and things) on here to break up the wait for the next book! But keep following this story, as it definitely hasn't ended yet...

BOOK 2

MALEVOLENT

COMING SOON...