27- Just Like Barbie

I'm not quite happy with this chapter either. Just let me know if it's confusing or if there are any spots I should add more stuff to. 

Chapter Twenty Seven:

Just Like Barbie:

When school ended Ashley had to go pick up the kids from the middle school and the elementary school. She didn’t want to leave me alone but I forced her to go because someone had to get all the kids. We couldn’t just leave them at school because I was stupid enough to go and break my leg.

“Bridgey! What happened?” Alice asked as soon as they were in the door.

“Are you all right?” Maddy asked. Both their backpacks must have been flung to the side because I no longer saw them.

“Does it hurt?”

“Are you going to be okay?”

“Can you walk?”

“Can I draw on your cast?”

I was feeling overwhelmed by all the questions. I just stared a little open mouthed at the pair of them .

Ashley shook her head. “Girls, what did we talk about?” she probed. She must have talked to them about my new injury on the car ride home.

“Don’t bother Bridget,” Maddy recited easily. Then she smiled because she was able to remember it.

“Oh,” Alice and Maddy said as they realized they had just gone against it. “Sorry.”

“Outta my spot,” Kyle demanded me. He didn’t seem to care that I had broken my leg. I remember when he was little he was a big sweetheart, now it’s all about the video games for him.

“What?” I asked. I saw Maddy whisper something in Alice’s ear and then the two of them took off.

“My spot,” he said. “You’re in it.”

“Oh, I-”

“Kyle leave the girl alone! She has just broken her leg, you can go do something else, play from that couch if you want,” Ashley said gesturing to the adjacent one.

“But the best view is from right there,” he said pointing to the cushion my leg was stretched over to rest on the arm of the couch.

“I could-” I started.

“Do nothing. Kyle if you have to play, do it from that couch,” Ashley said sternly.

Kyle let out a huge dramatic sigh and got the xBox set up so he could play from where his mom told him to.

“I’m making cookies, what type do you want?” Ashley asked me.

“Plain!” Kyle said.

“Um, I don’t really-” I started.

“Chocolate chip?” she offered.

“You don’t need to-”

“Great. Chocolate chip it is!” Ashley exclaimed before moving into the kitchen.

“Ugh, I hate chocolate chip,” Kyle said with a groan. “Thanks Bridget.”

I held up my hands in surrender. “Hey, I didn’t say anything! And how do you not like chocolate chip cookies?”

“I like chocolate, and I like cookies, but they should not go together,” he said. He made a face and I laughed at the weirdness of it.

“So how’d you do it?” Kyle asked. His eyes were now focused on the screen as his game started.