12- Preassumptions and Arguments

Chapter Twelve:

Preassumptions and Arguments:

“What’s up Miss Piggy?” Garrett said wrapping his arms around my shoulders from behind. The weight of him and the suddenness was enough to make me stumble into the middle of the road. It’s a good thing no one ever uses this street.  

“Miss Piggy?” I asked after I had regained my balance. Garrett stopped hugging me and stuffed his hands in his pockets instead.  

“Well, yeah. I was too lazy to say ‘pigtails’,” he said with a shrug.

“And ‘Miss Piggy’ is easier?” I teased him. I noticed that once again, he seemed to be ignoring the two kisses we shared over the weekend. I kind of hoped this meant that we would go completely back to normal. I was not sacrificing our sisters’ friendship.

“No but I just wanted to try and see if would suit you,” Garrett said.

“And does it?” I asked wrinkling my nose in disgust.

“Nope.”

“You sound disappointed? Did you think it would?”

“Nah,” Garrett said with a goofy grin.

“Oh that’s good,” I said rolling my eyes.

“Guess what?” Garrett said changing the topic suddenly.

“What?” I humoured him.

“Grandma’s gone!” he cheered.

“Yeah I know,” I said. “Isn’t that what the picnic was for?”

“Yeah but that doesn’t make me any less happy about it,” Garrett pointed out.

“I don’t know what was so wrong about her.” The couple of times I met her she was nice, a little rude, but she was nice nonetheless.

Garrett gave me a long sideways look. “You didn’t live with her for a week.”

“It was only a week Gare, it wasn’t long,” I reminded him.

“Thank god it was only a week!”

I smiled and shook my head at him.

“See ya later Pigtails,” he said as we came up to the usual place he crossed the street to avoid Quinn.

“Wait,” I said catching his elbow before he ran away. “Quinn texted me last night; she isn’t walking to school today.”

“What? So you mean I’m stuck with you?” Garrett said in outrage.

“Yup, looks like it,” I said taking no offense to his words.

“Oh, that’s cool,” he said giving me a toothy smile and throwing his arm over my shoulder.

“Quinn’s not that bad,” I told him.

“You aren’t the one she’s stalking,” Garrett told me simply.

“I wouldn’t call what she’s doing stalking…”

Garrett gave me another long look. “Okay, okay! But what I meant was, it could be worse.”

“Yeah, she could be the one with the key to my house,” Garrett teased.

“Just how an idiot like you got one to mine,” I joked back.

“You like it, just admit it,” he said.

“Yeah, saves me from having to get up all the time.”

“I’m not over that often,” Garrett defended.

“Sure you aren’t Gare,” I said rolling my eyes.