29. Coming To Terms

Start from the beginning

My mother sunk into her chair without another word, showing my father her neck. My father let out a gruff of appreciation.

I closed my eyes and pinched the bridge of my nose. "What's going on with the pack?" I asked, trying to clear some of the tension. He sighed, "It's out of control, some of the males started a riot. They want to attack Silver Crest." I left my father and Ryan in control while I stayed with Brinn.

I sighed, "I'll make an announcement in a couple of hours." He nodded.

My mother rubbed Brinn's arm soothingly. "How is she?"

"She's upset." She nodded understandingly.

"And the pup?" She asked with a look of concern.

I had Taylor check on Brinn and the pup a couple of hours ago. Of course she put up a fight, but it was all worth it to know my pup was still there and healthy. "Fine, I had Taylor che- Wait how did you know?"

"I didn't, but I sure as héll know now!" She said as she smacked my head.

I held the back of my head with my hand. "Ow." My father chuckled, "Congrats son."

"Thanks dad." My mother shook her head. "You should have said something Titus."

I moved Brinn to my lap before I stood. "I'm going to put her to bed, then I'll be back." They both nodded. My father sat next to my mother then placed her hand in his. I made my way towards the exit. Brinn squirmed slightly in my arms but didn't wake. I decided to place her in her room in the pack house. It wasn't far from the pack hospital, and I needed to keep an eye on her.

I gently placed her into her bed, being cautious of her right arm. Then placed the blanket over her small form. She quickly pushed my hands away. "No, I have to be there when she wakes up." She said as her bottom lip quivered. "I'll wake you up when she does, I promise." She slowly nodded then turned on her side so her back was facing me.

I walked over to her desk. I opened the drawer in search of a notebook and pen. I grabbed what I needed then moved towards the bed. I sat next to my mate as I mind linked Ryan. Ryan you are to report to me once Luna Jill is out of surgery. He responded almost instantly. Yes Alpha.

Also issue me a list of the pack members we have lost. We need to start arranging appropriate funerals.

On it.

I scanned my mind on what to say for my announcement. I felt the pain and suffering my pack was going through, but I also needed to take into consideration of the pack members I had lost. We had to go about this the right way, or things could quickly spiral out of control. With Richard a complete mess, everything was in my hands. I not only had to lead my pack, I had to lead his as well.

I was hoping, praying the list wouldn't be too long. But when Ryan showed up an hour later with the list of names, I was shocked. Innocent children lost their lives in the hand of a bunch of savages. My eyes scrolled down to the middle of the list when it landed on a name I didn't expect to be there. "L-lily?"

Ryan nodded. "Straight kill to the neck. We had to lock Seth in the cells to contain him. He's not doing too well." As to be expected. Although Lily didn't accept him, he had accepted her.

I shook my head. Lily was a bítch, but she didn't deserve to be killed by one of the Silver Crest members. They were foul and had no remorse for their actions. "How's her father?" I asked.

Ryan shook his head. "No one has seen him since the attack." I narrowed my eyes. "That's strange..." Ryan nodded, "I agree."

"Find him. There is no way he would leave his daughter to die. I call bullshít."

"I'm on it." Ryan turned to to leave when I called out to him. "Yes."

"Thank you." A small smile appeared on his face. "You're welcome." Ryan and I had been friends since we were little, but sometime the duties of the pack got in the way of that. I cared for him like a brother and vice versa.

He turned on his heel and walked out of the room, closing the door behind him. I turned to my mate and placed a kiss on her forehead.

***

I apologize for taking so long to get this chapter up, I was lacking inspiration and needed to just step back for a little while. Next chapter should be up at normal time.

But what did you guys think about this chapter? Not sure when I'll be ending this book, I'm kind of just going with the flow so we'll see where it takes me.

Anyways don't forget to Comment vote and share!

Heal~ Tom Odell