in honor of pstumps kid

Happy 1st birthday Antero Stump
-

Patrick unlocked the front door and stepped through, the smell of food the first thing he notices. He smiled and set his guitar case down and closed the door. "Lisa, I'm home" he called.

"I'm in the kitchen!" Elisa shouted back.

Patrick walked through the living room and into their kitchen. Elisa stood at the stove, flipping over pieces of bacon. "Ooh, breakfast for dinner?" Patrick asked, stepping behind her and wrapping his arms around her waist. "It smells lovely. Where's Declan?" He asked after kissing her cheek.

"He's in his room playing" she replied as she checked the pancakes. "I have an announcement to make once we eat. I think you'll be very happy" she smiled over at him. Patrick frowned at first but nodded once she kissed him. "How was it at the studio?" She asked, flipping a pancake. "And what about that one song you said you were stuck with the lyrics on? Pete help you with it?"

"Yeah, yeah, he did" Patrick nodded, moving to help her move the cooked bacon pieces onto a plate. "Joe is supposed to be writing a riff for the song and Andy is looking at the lyrics tonight."

"Cool" Elisa said. Patrick nodded again. "Could you go get Declan? Bring him down to the table. Its just about ready" she said. Patrick smiled and nodded once more before leaving to go get their son. She got three plates out and set them on the table with forks and knives. She grabbed a roll of paper towels and set them on the table next to the sugar free syrup. The sugar free syrup was for Patrick and they couldn't tell a difference between the regular so they all used the sugar free syrup.

"Ohh momma!" Patrick called as he came into the kitchen, carrying Declan on his shoulders. Elisa laughed and smiled at them. Patrick was an amazing father. "This little bit says he's starving!"

"Starving?" Elisa laughed again. "I think i remember that little bit eating his own lunch and half of mine" she raised her eyebrows at Declan. "Little bugger."

"Ooh, you hear that, Dec? You're a little bugger" Patrick laughed up at Declan who was making a face.

"Put him and please put him down and start putting the food on the table" Elisa said, smiling as Patrick did so and grabbed the plate of bacon. He took it into the dining room, followed by Declan who had a toy in his hands.

"Daddy" Declan said. Patrick looked down and picked him up again, holding him on his hip as he grabbed the plate of eggs. "I want eat" Declan said, leaning his head on Patrick's shoulder. Elisa smiled at them as she walked in with the plate of pancakes. She made sure Declan was in his booster seat properly before she sat down in her chair next to him. Patrick sat down in his own usual seat.

"Thank you, Lisa" Patrick said before he began eating. Declan clapped his small hands together and started eating his own, Elisa doing the same. Soon they were finished and Elisa smiled happily to herself and she and Patrick did the dishes while Declan was playing with his toys that Patrick brought down. "So what announcement is it you need to say?"

"Well, I know you're going to be very happy. We may need to make some changes. But.. I'm pregnant" Elisa said. smiling wider.

Patrick's hands stilled on the dish he was washing and he looked up at Elisa. "Are you serious?" He asked, his mouth forming a wide smile. Elisa nodded. "Oh my god, Lisa!" He squealed like a teenager, rushing forward to pull her into a hug. "Our second child! Oh my god!" He beamed. He moved down to his knees, kissing the slightest swell of Elisa stomach. "Elisa" he smiled up at her.

"I know" she smiled down at him. "Just wait til we tell Declan he's gonna be a big brother!"