for Andy's birthday. andtrick

"Stop, ple--!" Patrick stopped as his head was pushed into the toilet bowl again. The grip that the bully had on his hair felt like his scalp was being pulled out. The hand on the back of his neck never left it's place, keeping his head pushed down into the water.  Patrick choked and heaved as his head was pulled out, letting him breathe for a second before it was pushed back down.

"Take that, fag" one of the boys hissed in his ear once he was pulled up again. "If I see you holding hands with another boy again, next time I'll make sure you dont come up for air" he whispered, yanking Patrick's hair harshly and pushed him down again. Patrick struggled against them but after thirty seconds of trying to hold his breath, he was getting dizzy and felt faint from all the lack of oxygen. He really hated his school. So what if he was gay and held hands with his best friend Brendon? They weren't together, Brendon was dating Ryan and Dallon, they had a polyamorous relationship. Patrick just liked having his hand held.

"HEY!"

"Shit, pull him up, go, go" another boy hissed and ran out of the room, followed by the other boys. Patrick whimpered and leaned his aching body back against the bathroom stall's wall. The bruises on his body from the bullies screamed at him as he moved.

"Hey are you okay?" A soft voice asked and Patrick forced his tired eyes open. He let out a small gasp as he recognized who was in front of him; Andrew Hurley. The school's 'cool kid'. He even wore sunglasses into school, always ignoring the teachers telling him to take the glasses off. "Kid, look at me. Its okay. They're gone."

"Hurts" Patrick whimpered and moved a hand to his head. Andy sat down next to him, ignoring the way Patrick flinched and sighed. He helped Patrick sit up properly and Patrick fell over into his lap. "S-Sorry" he whispered and tried to sit up but the pounding in his head was worse as he moved. Andy just wrapped his arm loosely around the boy, rubbing circles on his arm. "Why do they hurt me?" Patrick asked quietly. Andy froze. "There's plenty of other gay kids at school" he sniffled. "Why me?"

"I dont know, kid"  Andy mumbled, moving Patrick's wet hair out of his face again. "When did they bring you in here?" He asked.

"I dont know" Patrick said, his throat sore from being forced to have the water down it. "I think they dragged me in here when I first got here. I dont really remember. I'm really dizzy right now. My head is pounding" he whispered.

"Second period just started, not too long ago" Andy commented as Patrick fisted a hand in the basketball shorts on his legs. Andy sighed and moved his hand from Patrick's arm to Patrick's hair, rubbing his scalp gently. "Does that feel better?"

Patrick sniffled and moved his head closer to Andy's hand, making him chuckle softly at the response. "Yeah" he whispered as Andy moved his fingers. "Why did you help me? Youre late for class. No one else would have helped me before."

"That's exactly why I had to help you" Andy said, looking down at Patrick, who was looking up at him. "I used to be bullied before another kid, Wentz or something, I dont he graduated, but he stopped the bullies and taught me how to throw some punches so all the bullies leave me alone now. I wanna do the same for you. You deserve a break from those assholes for once."

"Thank you" Patrick whispered. "But I dont think I'd ever be able to hit someone."

"Precious" Andy whispered and Patrick blushed. "Maybe you won't ever hit anyone, but it'd be nice to know how."

"Okay."
-

Six months later Patrick knew how to knock someone out and landed two punches on his bullies and Andy may have had to beat one or two of them. But now they've all stopped and Patrick hasn't had his head shoved into a toilet since.

Andy may or may not have come out to Patrick as gay and they may or may not have started dating. The two possibly dating was probably the reason they were cuddling on Andy's couch at his apartment. Andy had Patrick laying on his chest, slowly rubbing his hand up and down his back as Patrick laid there, nearly falling asleep.

"'Tricky if you want to sleep, you can go on and sleep, you know" Andy whispered, kissing the top of Patrick's head.

Patrick only snuggly closer and wrapped his arms around Andy. "No" he mumbled into Andy's chest. "I dont wanna sleep. I have to go and be home for dinner in about fourty minutes so.."

"I can wake you in time to leave" Andy said.

"Alright. Its 4:20 now, wake me at 5:00" Patrick mumbled. Andy nodded and pulled a blanket over them. "'M gonna go sleep" he said, half asleep.

"I know you are" Andy held back a laugh as Patrick's eyes fluttered closed. "Sleep well, baby."

-
Happy birthday Andy! I may turn this into a fic