18: Waiting For Normal

Chapter Eighteen

    Only a few chapters left! This will l be my first completed story on here.  :)

   Happy readings!

       My eyes slowly peeled open and I had to  blink  several  times to  realize I wasn't in my apartment.

     I tried to get up,  but that  was when  i noticed there was a hand over me. A muscular hand at that.

    I slowly looked over to  see Scott lying there,  sleeping peacefully. And that  was when  thoughts of last night came crashing back  to  my mind.

   He was my boyfriend

Shocking as was,  that  wasn't what  surprised me.  No,  me being me,  i was shocked at the fact that  I didn't have a sip alcohol  of  last night,  yet I don't recall  ''visiting''  Scott.

   Once more,  I tried to  free myself from Scott's grasp. Even  though it was pointless.  He groaned and reeled me in closer then  last time.

   I looked around and took in the surroundings.  something in the back  of my head told me that  I'd be staying here very often.  i mean  that is what couples do right?

   I haven't had a boyfriend since the eleventh grade.  Gosh,  does that  seem  forever ago  now.

   High school itself felt like a lifetime away. When  in reality,  it was only four years ago...Pratically five...

  I attempted to  wriggle myself out of Scott's grasp again,  and failing yet again.

   ''Go back  to  sleep.''  He murmured in a low, sleepy voice.

   I broke into  a smile, then changed it into  a frown  when  I saw the clock.

   ''We've got to work, you know.'' I whispered into  his ear.

   ''Mmm, says who?''

   ''Says me.''

   ''And why?''

   ''Just get up.''

   ''Fine.''  Except he didn't. He didn't budge.

   I laughed after a minute or two  of trying to  get him up, when  finally he said, ''Okay, princess I'm up.''

   ''Princess?'' I asked as he sat up  and rubbed his eyes.

   ''Yes.''

   ''Would that  princess happen to  have a prince?''

   ''Yes.''

   ''Who?' ' i said smiling.

   ''Prince Evans, of course.''  he said with a smug look on his face.

    ''You are so  cheesy.''

   ''But you're stuck  with me.''

   ''Oh really?''

   ''Really.'' He said with a smirk. Typical Scott.

   ''So  you are saying that  I,  for say,  left here and didn't come back,  I'd still  be considered yours?''

   ''I'd hunt you down and make sure you were still  mine.''

   ''I see..'' I slowly got up  and walked out of the bedroom.  Then  there was a light grip on my shoulder and I sensed that  familiar cologne.

    Working with someone for months does great wonders to you if you must know.

   ''You're not getting away from me.''  He said and spun me around.  Only to  kiss me on the forehead.

   ''I wouldn't dream  of it.''  I whispered back  and smiled up  at him. He returned the favor by crashing his lips on mine.

    You know what now annoys me most?  When  a noise from somewhere else,  totally unexpected and bad timing,  goes off. In this case,  Scott's cell phone went off.

   I felt a rush of memory go through me as I heard the ring tone.  That ring tone was the same as Sam's months before. The pain slowly creeped inside me once more as I heard Scott's faint sigh as he pulled away from me.  He mumbled what I thought was a ''sorry.'' as he looked down  at his phone.

   I wasn't paying attention though. Instead I thought about how that  ring tone was the one that  interfered with Sam telling me about the big secret. Then my own  phone had interrupted.  I hadn't known the news at the time,  of course,  but I suddenly wished that we both shut down  our cells before hand.

   I vaguely heard Scott say something and I had asked,  ''Sorry could you repeat that?''

  ''We've got to  get to  work...'' He said hesitatingly.  i noticed he was looking at me with a confused expression.  One that  asked ' Are you okay?' and 'Are you losing it?' at the same time.

   ''Uh, you go  ahead without me,  I've got to  stop  somewhere first.''

   ''I can  drive you?''  He offered,

  ''No,  that  is fine.'' I said quickly and grabbed my purse at the same speed.

   I heard him call  after me as I left his apartment,  but toke no acknowledgement to  it and hurried out of the building.

   I walked down  the sidewalk at a faster speed then  I'd normally go for and was at my own  apartment building within a few minutes.

I cautiously walked up  the stairs to  my floor. And as I got up  there,  I noticed a figure of a man  right outside my door...

  ''Ronica Casinova?''

  ''Yes..?''

  ''Come with me.''

   ''Why should I?  I don't even know who  you are!''

   ''Let me just say,  I know something about your brother's death.''