Chapter 1: Home sweet home

(Areum POV)

As I step foot out of the airport, I feel as if I’m back at home. The cool autumn breeze is refreshing, as it blows my hair freely making it hard for me to be able to see. I look around at the beautiful city of Seoul that I so dearly missed. If only mom and dad could see how beautiful the city was now. As I start to think of the wonderful memories that I had with my family, I feel tears starting falling down my face like a waterfall, endlessly. You must be thinking, what could’ve happened to my family where I had to move out of the country? Aren’t you? Well that’s too bad, I don’t even feel safe telling you. Don’t feel bad, there my own problems I can handle them myself, I don’t need your pity. “ Areum!!! Is that you???” someone screams from behind me, I quickly wipe away my tears and turn around. I’m instantly greeted by a hug from my best friend Jung Rin. “ I missed you so much!!” she yells “ I missed you too!”, she breaks the hug and starts to admire me. I push the rim of my thick black glasses up the bridge of my nose, allowing me to see her more clearly. “ Awwww my Unnie has grown up so much” she says while wiping the tears that fell freely from her face. “ Thank you! You’ve grown up too, I mean look at you… you’re so beautiful now!” I tell her “ thank you Unnie, what do you say… we head home?” she asks “ yeah!! Let's go!” I yell. After a 2 hour drive we arrive in the driveway of a huge mansion and get out the car, “ are you sure? I can live with you Rin?” “ of course” “ are you sure? I’m basically rich… my parents left me a lot of money” “ yes I’m sure!.. oh by the way what happened to your parents?” she asks me. Yes that’s right… my absolute best friend doesn't know what happened. No one needs to know, no one will ever talk to me again if they knew… not even you! You would even abandon me! wouldn’t you?.. I sit trying to avoid any possible eye contact. “Areum!!!!” someone screams, I turn around and see Hobi running towards me, I ran up to him “ Hobi!! Hobi!!! I missed you so much!!” I yelled while jumping into his arms hugging him tightly. He starts spinning me in circles while saying “ I missed you too Areum!!”

(??? POV)

“ My sister’s friend is coming today, from Japan she’s going to be living with Rin and I” Hobi says “ oohh is she cute?” “ does she like to sing?” “ does she like to dance?” “ is she tall?” they bombarded him with questions, “ OH MAY GOWD THERE SHE IS!!!” Hobi screams while running outside. I quietly walk outside from the front door, and start to sneak up behind Rin. When I was behind her, I wrapped my arms around her waist and started kissing her neck.

(RIN POV)

I silently watch as Areum and Hobi are hugging each other, I can’t help but let out a smile. Suddenly I felt two muscular arms wrap around my waist, I nearly jumped in shock as they started kissing my neck. I turn around and seen my lovely boyfriend Mark, I instantly wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him on the lips. Eventually I broke off the kiss and stared at him in shock, “ Oppa!!! When did you get here?” I asked him “ 2 hours ago… I wanted to surprise you Princess” he said while running his thumb over my lip. I got on my tippy toes and kissed him passionately, he grabbed my waist and lifted me up while he continued to kiss me. After a few more seconds he broke the kiss, then carried me bridal style towards the house while kissing my forehead. I giggled at his cuteness.

( AREUM POV)

As I broke off the hug with Hobi, I seen Rin being carried by Mark, who is kissing her forehead constantly. “ They must really love each other” I said “ they sure do… their planning on getting married within the next year or two” Hobi says “ awww! She’s so lucky! I wish I had someone who showed the same amount of love and care to me” I said with a sad facial expression “ Hey! Hey! Don't be sad! You’ll find someone who’s special to you don't worry” he says “ I know… it’s just.. I’m already 20 and I’ve been single for 4 years… since high school” I said sadly “ Hey! Stop being sad! What do you have to be sad about? You’re moving in with your best friends after not seeing them for 8 years” he said. I nodded, but continued to look at feet “ don’t make me do it Areum… don’t make me!” he says, I made no movement what so ever as I felt a little lonely on the inside. “ I’M YOUR HOPE! I’M YOUR ANGEL!” he yelled “J-HHOOPPEEE!!!!!” he screams at the top of his lungs. I couldn’t help but  to start laughing at him, “ see! There it is!! the smiled I waited 8 years to see again… you should smile more, your smile is beautiful” he says “ thank you, Oppa!” “ You’re welcome!... anyways let’s go inside… before someone calls the police or something” “ yeah, that’s a good idea” I said while laughing, and following him back into the house.

I was so excited to be back home, little did I know… this day would be the start of a living hell.

End of part one-