Elders

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chris' POV & Seven Weeks Later

Ben's crying woke me up again. He was about eight months now. Because of the mate bond, he grows faster, so he managed some words. He was yelling for either me or Athena but was screeching for food. I got out of Athena's warm hug and put sweatpants on before walking into the hall.

I held Ben and he started calming down, "Hey buddy! Are you hungry?" he nodded and reached out for my chest, "No, I'm not mommy. I can't feed you like that," I carried him downstairs and sat him on the couch. 

I made him another bottle with formula and gave it to him. I carried him back to his crib and went back to Athena. She was sleeping on her side, so I invited myself to lay with her. I noticed she was slightly shaking, and her face had tears streaming down. I held her close and put her head on my chest. I caressed her back as she started to calm down. She wrapped an arm around my waist and held me tight. She dug her head closer and that's when I fell asleep.

Athena's POV

My Papa got mad at me last night. I was cleaning the dishes and accidentally dropped a cup. I got glass stuck in my foot, so I pulled it out and blood rushed out. I was used to the blood now. He slammed the basement door open and wobbled down the stairs, he was drunk. I'm scared, I know what he does when he's drunk. Abuse. He started hitting me and yelling bloody murder. Jack and I were only ten, he didn't really understand what happened with mom until the next year. 

My Papa chained me to a pole and used me as a punching bag. I felt dirty, blood covering me, dirt, bruises, and scars. Jack ran down and yelled at him, "Stop Papa! You're hurting her!" If only he knew what he would do only a year from now. Papa held Jack's hand so softly and took him back upstairs. I wish he would treat me like that. 

Papa came back down and hit me. Grabbing my hair and slamming the back of my head against the metal pole. He untied me and I felt the back of my head. Blood trickled down my head.

I woke up, laying on Chris' chest. He was running his hand through my hair. He planted small kisses on my forehead, leaving my skin tingling. I hugged him tighter, "Hey, baby," I looked up at him, "You were crying when I came back from dealing with Ben. Do you want to talk?" I felt my face, soggy from tears.

 I sat up and crossed my legs, "J-just memories," I whispered,

He also sat cross-legged and faced me, "Tell me about it," his voice was gentle and soothing,

"Just one time when my father hit me. B-but this time, Jack stood up for me. I-I miss him," I started crying again. Chris placed his hand on my thigh and looked into my eyes,

"Athena, you can't see him. It's far too dangerous," His eyes held so much mystery. I wanted to know more about his life. Anywho, I nodded and looked down,

"W-what was your life like? I know some of it, but I want to know every detail," I told him. He chuckled and kissed my forehead,

"Really nothing. I played soccer. Had friends, good and bad. I got into a lot of fights with a lot of bad people, a couple almost killed me. I used to think love was overrated, but that was before I met you. I love you so fucking much, baby. I love you and Ben," I leaned over and hugged him. I moved my hands to where the scratch marks were, the ones I made. He was mine, only mine. I bit my lip, and placed my head in the crook of his neck,

"I couldn't do anything to show how much you mean to me. I love you so much more than you think I do, you're my savior. Even when I'm being a bitch, you're there with me. Thank you so so so much!" I held him in my embrace. I loved him more than I've loved anything, ever. He was my true happiness. I needed him, I craved him.