Payback

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Athena's POV

I was trapped in Chris' hold. I looked around, the pillows were everywhere. Did he ruin my wall? My face was tucked underneath his chin and our legs were intertwined. I tried to push him away, but he didn't budge. I tried to pull away, but his big arms were trapping me, "Chris! Don't touch me!" I slapping his chest. 

A low roar erupted from his chest, "You're my mate. I will touch you whenever I please. You don't tell me what to do," he held me closer. This wasn't this Chris I knew, this Chris was ignorant.

"The hell's up in your ass?" I asked,

"Take your pills and I'll be happier." His arms weakened and let me out. I was pissed. I made the pillow wall so he couldn't touch me! I walked to the bathroom and suddenly remembered what happened. I carefully opened the cabinet and grabbed my pill bottle. Anti-depressants, "Show me,"

"Can I go and get some water?" I didn't mean to sound snobbish, but it came off that way. Chris stood up to me, his eyes were darker than usual,

"What did you say?" he grabbed my wrists. 

"What did you say?" My Papa held my wrists and raised his arm,

"I-I miss mom," I whispered. His hand met my cheek and my ears rang. I was soon engaged with his fist to my abdomen. "Please, don't!" I yelled. Pain. All I felt was the pain. As a nine-year-old, my school would just think I fell. Papa started kicking my legs. My ankles were sprained and swollen, but no one cared. Just another speck on the earth. His mouth curled into a thin smile as he abused me, "No, Papa! Please don't!" I screamed in terror. I knew what he was capable of.

"No, Papa! Please don't!" I shielded my body from what I thought was my Papa. I felt Chris' hands soften around my wrists,

"Oh. I-I'm so- I can't- W-what was- Are you okay?" his thumb held my chin and his eyes were light and soft. I started crying uncontrollably,

"I-I'm okay," I sobbed into my hands as Chris sighed heavily, "I'll take my pills." I swallowed two pills dry and ran into Ben's room.

He was still asleep. He was a precious little angel. He needed a new diaper, but I wanted him to sleep. That memory was one that I've almost forgotten. I held Ben's little hand and stroked his hair. No way in Hell would I ever let him turn like me. I would never let Chris hit him. If he does, I would have to leave him. I held Ben in my arms as he squirmed around. I quickly changed his diaper and clothes, then played with him, "Can I have a kiss?" I asked and pursed my lips. He leaned forwards, getting drool on my bottom lip. I slathered him in lotion and he was laughing the entire time. I kissed his soft, chubby cheeks. He was so fragile, I didn't trust myself with him. I held his head to my chest as he drank. I threw a blanket over and walked downstairs. 

On my way, I saw Chris sitting on the edge of the bed. His hands were on his temples and a tear glistened from his eye. I gently pushed the door open and walked in, "Are you okay?" I asked. His eyes shot up to mine,

"I'm so sorry. I'm a bad mate, I know. Maybe you really would be better off without me-" 

"Chris, stop. I know you didn't mean to hurt me. You might be ignorant and annoying, but you're also so much better. You saved me. You're a hero. You're my hero!" I walked up beside him and placed my hand on his shoulder,

"Yesterday, we argued. Then, I betrayed you. Now, I hurt you. I'm not a hero- I'm the villain," his words made me sad. I didn't think words could hurt me more than they have,