⋆Chapter Twenty-Seven⋆Reunited⋆

The training that began the next day, consisted mostly of studying the long distance scouting formation that Commander Erwin devised, rather than field training. Strangely enough, despite its detailed nature, Eren Jaeger position was nowhere to be seen.

You walked along with the others, keeping your gaze forward, though you'd suddenly stop as you heard his voice. "Hey! Armin, Mikasa! [First Name]!" You turn your head, [Hair Color] strands swaying with the motion as a smile hits your features, face instantly lightening as Mikasa calls his name. Eren runs up to the three of you as you've stopped. "God, it feels like it's been forever!" He has a grin on his features, but it falls when Mikasa suddenly grabs his hands.

"Eren, did they do anything terrible to you?! Like inspecting every bit of your body or causing you mental anguish?!" She looked more panicked than happy to see him. Eren lets go of her hands and instead reaches an arm up to rub the back of his neck, "No, nothing like that." He responds, and you can feel the relief course through you. Mikasa's gaze suddenly darkens as she looks down, "That shorty went too far. I'll be sure to pay him back someday."

Eren tenses, "You're not talking about Lance Corporal Levi, are you?!" He quickly questions, before Mikasa can answer, another voice cuts in, quickly followed by someone else and you turn to see all of Christa, Connie, Sasha, Reiner, and Bertholdt. "You're all here!" Eren exclaimed, before his expression suddenly falls.

"But... if you're here, that means... Don't tell me you all enlisted?" Connie's voice cuts in next, wearing a smile. "Why else would we be here?" Eren blinks his eyes as he then speaks up without a second thought, "Then... the only ones who picked the Military Police are Jean, Annie, and Marco?"

Your body instantly tenses at the mention of Marco, eyes widening just a split second before they instead cast down as they soften, still a fresh wound. "[First Name]?" Eren starts when he notices your expression but quickly turns as he hears more footsteps to see Jean standing there. "You're kidding me..." The brunette starts, shocking most of all to see him there. "You too?!"

"Marco's dead." He bluntly states in which you give a wince as though the simple statement had physically hurt you. Eren's eyes widen. "H-huh? What did you just say? Did you say Marco's dead?!" His expression shows that he doesn't want to believe it. But Jean's still being blunt as he speaks next. "It seems like not everyone gets to die a dramatic death." He then glances down, "We don't even know how he went down. He died alone without anyone seeing or knowing."

Eren then glances back at you as he takes the realization, that was why you held such a grim expression on your face. "Marco..." He then trails off, and you can tell that the others expressions have also darkened, when another voice suddenly shouts out to you, "Hey recruits, gather up!" You lift your head, "Your uniforms are here!"

As you retrieve your uniform, you're silent as you sling it over your shoulders, allowing it to cover most of your torso, yet you can't help but feel like this was made for you... like this was what you were destined to do from the moment you were born. To some it could just be a cloak, but this was confirming it... you were officially a soldier of the Survey Corps.

Turning your head, you notice another figure standing out from where you all are, wearing a cloak just as the rest of you. When he turns, your breath catches in your throat as you recognize Marco, wearing a smile on his features as he looks almost godlike from the lighting. (FRECKLED JESUSSS) Turning your head, you know you're not the only one that sees him when you catch Eren's expression.