⋆Chapter Fourteen⋆Saviors⋆

After having explained the plan to you, it was set into motion. The overall idea was to lead the abnormal over to HQ; to do that, you and Mikasa would eliminate the titans around the abnormal at the moment, while Connie carried Armin. You would get into the building once the abnormal got rid of the titans around there, and then you would all gather more gas to make it over the wall.

Here was to hoping the plan would be a success and that all the others had made it safely. Zipping through the air behind Mikasa with Connie and Armin in pursuit, you took a nearby titan, doing a spin as needed before attaching yourself to get to another building as you picked up your pace a little.

You couldn't help but inwardly smile as you noticed the rogue heading toward HQ now as you and Mikasa had successfully taken out the titans in your path. Eventually it passed you in trail of another titan, shoving it into a building before delivering blows, your gaze moving back forward after a couple moments, filled with slight joy to see you were nearing HQ quickly.

You failed to notice that a titan was reaching for your wire until it was too late as you were suddenly pulled back, giving a cry in surprise as you crashed into the ground, having the wind momentarily knocked out of you. You could hear your name being called -- but you only lay there.

Moving to stand, fear creeped in a titan hand reached to grab you, successful as it held you in a near bone-crushing grip as you found yourself unable to breath as it slowly lifted you, unable to reach your blades. You didn't want to go out like this... banging your fist against it's hand, but it was ineffective as the grip suddenly tightened, causing you to give a strangled cry.

However, your eyes widened the moment you heard a roar as you were suddenly let go, crashing into a roof as pain shot up your shoulder. Wincing, you moved to sit up, eyes catching on the abnormal taking out the titan who had nearly killed you, brutally, giving a grunt every couple seconds.

The abnormal glanced back at you with a look, as though checking that you were fine, before throwing another punch toward a titan that approached, not taking long for him to let out a louder roar. Snapping out of your daze as you noticed other titans approaching, you shot out your wires, crashing in through a big hole in the wall.

"[First Name]!" You could hear the moment you crashed into the ground, giving off a heavy breath, you glanced up to see plenty of gazes on you, but you say nothing as you proceed to stand, the others looking as though they just had a serious talk.

"But is my plan really the best way to do this?" Armin questions hesitantly as he looks down, after having just gotten through explaining his plan, you kneeling next to Marco as you gazed over at Armin, however Marco leans in slightly as he smiles, "Let's just go with it." He starts, Armin turning his gaze to the freckled male. "There's no time anyway. It's all we've got." He finishes as he scratches his cheek.

After a few moments, his voice rises as his face brightens. "Now we just have to give it our best!" Armin looks surprised, but his gaze flickers to Mikasa on his other side, as her voice cuts in. "Don't worry. Be confident in yourself." She starts, "You have the ability to seek out the right answers." Armin's eyes widen in surprise as she continues, "Eren and I have been saved by that ability in the past."

At the mention of Eren, your hand travels to your locket, frowning slightly, but now wasn't the time to think about his demise... You would have time for that later. "What?" Armin questions as he blinks his eyes. "When?"

You were picked to take out one of the titans, another 7 also being picked to take them out. You had your blades ready as you walked down the stairs, you had zoned out again, and only happened to come back to reality at Reiner's voice. "Or I could stick this up their asses!" He exclaims as he holds his blade up for emphasis. "That's their only other weakness!"

You nearly reach out and slap Connie and Sasha when they take belief in that idea, but refrain from doing so as you only sigh. "Reiner, those could be your last words, you know." Jean states as he glances back at the blonde male. 

You have your fingers lightly gripping the wood as you wait, prepared for when the time comes, glancing about at all the others, waiting themselves. You keep from making sound as you gaze at the nearest titan, no doubt being the one you would be going after.

You can see a few soldiers freeze in fear as the first titan turns to face them, and you nearly fall at the sight, and the look in its eyes. "Calm down!" You can hear Marco call out, gaze flickering to him, praying nothing would happen to any of them. "Let them get closer!"

You watch as the titans get closer, and your hands just start to slightly shake as they grip your blades, gritting your teeth with pursed lips, as one little screw up could ruin this whole plan and get everyone killed... But you would try your best.

The moment the titans are eye level and staring at the trainees in the middle like an unfinished meal, Marco's voice rings out a simple command that sets the plan into motion. "Fire!" Shots ring throughout the area and you wince at the volume, but wait till they're all taken care of. 

After a few seconds, you take action and first run a few moments before jumping toward yours and slashing at its nape, watching as its body falls and you can't help but mentally grin. You look around, your face instantly falling when Sasha trips over her feet, the titan staring down at her menacingly after having gone after her as she screams, "S-So sorry!"

Your gaze suddenly widens as your blood runs cold, the memory of Mina rushing back to you. It was the same one that killed her... That you failed to kill. Giving a sudden cry, you run at it, before jumping up and taking out its nape, watching as its body falls and you land on the ground, glaring at the now fallen corpse. but see Annie take out Connie's from the corner of your eye, but your main gaze is caught on the titan.

It wasn't until you hear Sasha scream your name that you finally break your gaze from the corpse and look down at Sasha, glad you got to her on time, sure, she could be annoying and pestered you till you gave her food... But she had become like a best friend. "You saved me!" She exclaims as she's on her knees in front of you, eyes widening slightly as you notice her tears and her panicked look.

You relax slightly, but your body is still tense. "You... You didn't get hurt, did you?" You question, she quickly shakes her head, "N-no, I'm fine thanks to you!" She speaks quickly and you can't help but smile slightly, giving a sigh, "I'm glad you're okay..." That sends her into another fit of tears as she stands up straighter to wrap her arms around you tightly.

"S-Sasha-!" You speak out at the tight hold and she quickly apologizes before letting go, in which you dismiss but give off a held breath. "We got all of them!" Another voice cuts in and you turn your head, "Start filling up your gas tanks!" But you can't help but look on in worry as Marco nearly faints on the spot, but the others manage to keep him upright.

"I-I surrendered... to the titan..." You hear Sasha from next to you, and you stop your current filling and place a hand on her shoulder, smiling reassuringly, she merely looks at you, before looking back down in shame. "I'm too ashamed to look at anyone..." You stand, and finish with your own gas, before seeing Marco and Jean, heading over to the two.

You stop as Marco begins to speak in response to something Jean said, taking notice of you, but he only continues. "You might get mad, but listen," He starts as the male looks over at him. "You're not a strong person, so you can sympathize with the feelings of the weak." Jean seemed to send him a look, but Marco only continued.

"Nevertheless, you excel at looking at things objectively, so you have a clear idea of what needs to be done." Jean seems surprised and you can't help but smile yourself as Marco looks over at him, gaze flickering to you just a split second. "Your orders were right. That's why I'm able to move and I'm still alive."

Jean looks even more surprised at that, his gaze moving to you once you place a hand on his shoulder, "Marco's right." You start, "You got so many people here... Even if it wasn't everyone." You figured he was blaming himself for the deaths of some of your other comrades, but you were, too... You held empathy for him.

Seeing tears in your eyes, his eyes widen, and so do Marco's. "Even so, you prevented more deaths, but keeping everyone alive... It... It's not possible... At all." Marco's eyes soften, "[F-First Name]..." He trails off, and that when you noticed you were crying, so you quickly move to wipe them away, "Anyway... let's get the hell out of here."