⋆Chapter Six⋆Sparring Tactics⋆

You got into your defensive stance as you stood there, while Krista stood across from you, the wooden dagger gripped tightly in her hand. "[Nickname]? Are you ready?" The blonde questioned quietly as she seemed almost hesitant to go after you.

You gave a nod, beaming at her, "Give me all you've got." She smiled at that, but the hesitance showed in her crystal blue eyes as she spoke. "Don't go easy on me, either." She was suddenly running toward you, dagger poised. Once close enough, you side-stepped, and swung a foot out and hooked her ankle to trip her.

She gave a sound in surprise, not expecting that move as she hit the ground, instantly wincing at how hard she had fallen, but were moving to grab the dagger as you lightly placed a foot over her arm and took it from her fingers. "I didn't mean to make you fall so hard." You spoke an indirect apology as you reached your hand out toward her, in which she took as you moved to lift her.

"It's fine." She answered, "It doesn't even hurt." But you could tell she was lying, especially as tears pricked the corners of her eyes. "Are you sure, because I ca-" "[Last Name]." You hear a darkened voice from behind you, and instantly tense as your sights catch on Ymir, her eyes dark as she stared at you. "Why is my Krista crying?"

You hesitantly turn and hold your hands up as you drop the dagger, breaking out into a sweat as the girl loomed over you. "U-Um, well, y-you see-" Your cut off with a yelp as Ymir suddenly twists your body around, "Pick up the dagger, [First Name]."

You comply, not wanting to face the consequences as you had seen what happened to the others who messed with Krista previously. Leaning down to pick it up, you then turn to face her, only to find she has gotten in a defensive stance as Krista stands to the side, watching the two of you and you wince once you take notice of the scratch on her cheek.

A few people have stopped to watch with wide eyes at the scene before them, everyone knew that Ymir held back at times, why? They wouldn't know, but having seen the scene before, you had accidentally made Krista cry and now you'd have to pay the price for that mistake. Maybe you should have just taken your chances and sparred with Annie instead...

You let out a sigh, and proceed to run at her, not planning to hold back at all. You make an attempt to step to the side once you get there as you take notice that she was reaching for you, but she notices at the last second and reaches a foot out, tripping you.

You give a grunt as you hit the ground, body having been twisted to land on your back, momentarily unable to breath from the hard impact as she hovers over you, pressing a hand to your chest, and right over your locket, causing it to slightly dig into your skin as her dark gaze remains on you, causing your blood to run cold, she keeps it there several moments, before Krista suddenly cuts in. "Ymir! Let [Nickname] go!" You cough a few seconds as you catch your breath.

The girl has tears in her eyes, but this time it's from your state of pain, but you only lay there, somewhat dazed, however, you find yourself contemplating a new sparring strategy as you move to sit up.

You give a groan as you rest your head on the wooden table in front of you, back still sore from that 'showdown' with Ymir. Marco moves to rub your back in comfort, but instantly retracts his hand as you send him a glare as the touch flares up your skin. "Sorry..." He apologizes a little sheepishly.

You look up at Jean once you realize he's speaking, silent, but you listen anyway. "Well it's not like everyone can do it." You hear him say, before following his gaze to Mikasa and rolling your eyes, knowing she had no interest in the male. He says a few more things, and you glance over at Marco and smile as his face lights up with hope, eyes in wonder. "Yeah... it'd be nice if I could. There's no greater honor than to be able to work under the king."