⋆Chapter Seventeen⋆Realizations⋆

You brace for impact... but it never comes. Opening your eyes slowly, they suddenly widen as you look around, dust and smoke coating the area. You barely take notice of Armin and Mikasa as you can only stare up once you realize you're caught in a ribcage, teeth grit in shock once you realize what was going on.

Your body had begun to shake just barely noticeable at the realization. Had Eren done this? But how? Was he really a titan? Your mind fluttered with so many thoughts and questions that you couldn't help this at all and it was so unbearably warm in there... Probably like a titan's insides.

There was too much smoke to see the soldier's expressions so you were stuck gazing around in shock and confusion as to what the actual hell was going on. However, your gaze moved back up as you begin to hear creaking sounds, and it was then that you noticed parts of bone had begun to fall, like the torso's structure was breaking.

You could hear panicked voices from outside, but at the moment, that had gone to the back of your mind, even as your lives probably still hung on the line. "I-I remember up to the canon fire..." You finally glanced over at Armin as you heard his voice, that was all you remembered... What had happened to cause this?

"Then there was tremendous impact, a crash, and heat." Armin stated as he still looked up. "W-We're inside a titan's... skeleton..." You finish off as your voice trailed off, the blonde male looking over as though he just noticed you, but your gaze had moved again. "Eren protected us." Both of your gazes flickered over to Mikasa as she spoke, as you realized that was the truth. "That's all that matters now."

Armin smiles slightly, but it drops when his gaze flickers down and landing on some purple flower, mumbling something that you couldn't quite catch, but your gaze stuck on it, too. He starts to reach out for it, but stops as you gaze flickers up the moment a new voice cuts in. "Hey!" A body peeks out from behind the bone and you recognize Eren. "Are you guys okay?!" he exclaims, eyes flickering between all three of you.

"Eren-" Armin starts, but it doesn't take you long to cut him off with wide eyes. "What the hell is this, Eren?!" He looks over at you, "I-I don't know!" He answers as he keeps his gaze on you, almost surprised as he finally registers that you were one of the ones here out of everyone, and your hand was rested on your locket... the locket he'd given to you. (This locket does take heavy importance in the story, hence why I keep bringing it up)

It doesn't take him long to shake his head as he stands there, walking closer to the three of you, his gaze soon moving up. "But it's evaporating already." He states as he stands close now. "Just like a titan's corpse." He then turns around, "We need to back away a bit."

He walks forward some more before turning around as Mikasa stands as well. "Whether they're figuring out what to do, or just distracted, they can't see us right now." He states as you also stand, soon followed by Armin. "But, in the end they'll probably continue attacking." You purse your lips, knowing well that's true.

"I don't have the confidence to talk them down after showing this." Eren continues as he glances away just slightly, meaning the corpse. "It reminded me of something though." Holding up his key, he looks between you all. "The basement." He states and you furrow your brows in confusion, but say nothing. "The basement of my house."

"Dad said I'd understand everything if I went there." He starts to speak again as his gaze goes back to the key held in his hand. "He's also the one that turned me into this." He confesses as he glances up again. "If I get to that basement, I'll probably learn the truth about the titans." However, his fist suddenly slams against one of the rib bones. "Dammit!"

You place a hand on his shoulder, but he doesn't give response. "Why did he keep it all a secret?! The survey corps searched for that information at the cost of thousands of lives!" Your eyes widen as he says these things, retracting your shoulder as your silent, but take a step back. "It's mankind's only hope and you're telling me it was locked away in the basement?!"

"Just what was going through his mind?" You can hear his breathing become heavy and say his name quietly, but he only continues, voice lowering. "Come to think of it, where did he disappear to for five years-"

He finally stops and looks up as Mikasa places a hand on his shoulder, causing you to take a couple steps back. "Eren, we have other things to worry about right now." She states bluntly as she stands there. "Right." The brunette speaks with a nod as he turns and the three begin the walk forward, you following. You stop, however, when the structure crumbles completely from behind you.

You look at the other three as you're now on the ground, and you frown when you notice how exhausted Eren looks. "I'm... leaving this place." He states, voice somewhat quiet as he speaks. You all look to him in surprise as Armin speaks up. "Where to? How?" Eren gives a shrug as he glances at the male. "Anywhere will do for now. I'll climb the wall from there and head to my basement... But I'll turn into a titan first."

You watch as he clenches his fist and looks down on it, but you find yourself to be silent as you do so. "You can do that?" Armin questions in surprise as he leans forward slightly, and you mentally question the same thing, waiting for an answer. "I'm not too sure how I do it myself, but I think I can." He looks back down, "Just like how a person can't explain how they move their arms."

Eren unclenches his fist as he begins to speak again, "Earlier, I unconsciously focused on blocking the canon. That's why the body had no other function and easily fell apart." His breathing grows ragged and you notice he'd broken into a sweat as he squeezes his fist again. "This time I'll go for something stronger." But you also notice the determined glint in his turquoise orbs.

"The 15-meter that I kicked around all those titans with should suffice!" Eren looks up the moment he feels pressure under his nose to find you wiping away at it, "Y-your nose is bleeding..." You state in worry, voice trailing off. "You're so pale... a-and your breathing is ragged..." You finish off as you pull your hand away, the male's eyes widening at the blood on your hand now.

"It's taking a toll on your body!" Armin exclaims as he sits there, but all of your focus is on Eren, filled with the worry for him. He wipes the rest of the blood away and speaks without a care, "I couldn't care less for my well being." He states as you can only stare as he says that, heart dropping somewhat.

"I've got two ideas in mind." You're silent as you wait for him to continue with his ideas. "If you guys don't try to cover for me, you'll be spared at the least." You subconsciously shake your head at that, knowing well that could get Eren killed in the end. "I've already gotten you three in a real mess, so I'll moving solo from here on out."

Your eyes widen and you're reaching for his hand without a thought, but you immediately retract when you notice, but move to speak anyway. "Eren, n-no I-" But you're cut off when Mikasa speaks, unknowing that you caught Armin off before. "Eren," She starts off, "I'm coming, too."

"So am I!" You exclaim, successfully grabbing his hand this time, especially as you notice how tired he looks, but his gaze flickers between the two of you. "You can't..." 

"If we can't keep up, you'll just have to abandon us." Mikasa starts again, not denying you either, as she knew how stubborn you could be. "But I don't have to listen to what you say and neither does [First Name]." You give a nod in agreement, and they look at the two of you in surprise. "I'm telling you to cut it out already!" He exclaims, more so toward Mikasa than you as you take notice that he's looking right at her.

"I'm not your little brother! Or a kid!" His voice raises, but you don't say anything as you instead zone out as you sit there, unsure what to do or say anymore... But your gaze flickers up to Eren, as you know... You weren't going to sit here and let him go through with this... For so many reasons... But there was one that stuck out.

Eren was your new reason to live and you wouldn't sit back and do nothing.