Chapter 27

"You ready to leave?" Leo asked nervously as he tried to make conversation with Hakyeon. Hakyeon looked at him but said nothing and walked off to stand beside Hoseok. Leo sighed dejectedly and he walked towards Yongguk, kicking a stone as he walked. He had hoped to go through the plans once more before they left but he lacked the energy to even ask Hoseok and Hakyeon.

"You look dead." Yongguk teased as he saw Leo walk towards him.

"I feel as if I am dead." Leo muttered exhausted from the many hours he had spent training and proving that he could lead alongside Yongguk and Hoseok. His many weeks of training were not the cause of his miseries though. He had barely slept since his argument with Hakyeon all those weeks before and he felt lonely, missing the two people he cared most about, Eli and Hakyeon.

"Get some rest, we leave tomorrow and we need you at your best if we hope to stand any chance of rescuing your sister." Yongguk spoke demandingly. He had noticed that Leo wasn't in his best shape, sleep deprivation had taken its toll and it was obvious from his lifeless like appearance.

Leo nodded and ran his hand through his messy hair as he yawned. Yongguk smiled at him encouragingly "Hakyeon will come around soon. Don't worry about it too much."

"Thanks" Leo mumbled in response as he walked off, hoping to have some time to himself. He sat for hours gazing at the stars, many thoughts ran through his mind like pieces of string which had got tangled into knot. It had been so long since he had seen Eli and he was anxious. He had wanted to save her since they left the horrid village and yet he felt as if he did not want to go, as if a sixth sense was filling his gut with a nauseous feeling, alerting him not to go.

Hoseok came up behind him and tapped Leo on the shoulder. Leo turned around paranoid but breathed a sigh of relief when he noticed Hoseok.

"Don't worry, everything will go well." Hoseok said, smiling happily.

"Yeah. I just can't help but feel paranoid; it's like warning bells are ringing in my head warning us not to go." He shook his head furiously "What if something happens, what if we walk into a massacre." He clenched his fists "I would have then led all those people to their deaths."

"They knew what they were getting in to when they agreed to join this rebellion. Nothing will be your fault." Hoseok patted Leo on the back "But nothing will happen, as one of the leaders you need to keep your head high, encourage others and fight bloody well."

Leo nodded with a forced smile and Hoseok stood up, gesturing to the entrance of the main tree "Come it's time to meet up with the group."

They walked in to the main hall, ready to greet the group which they would travel with and fight with. Leo's group consisted of nine other people who he had spent his weeks training with. Iliana, Jasmine, Crystal, Denise and Hwasa were the women who made up half of the squad, stealthy and efficient; they were good at breaking in unnoticed. Ravi, Hongbin, Hyuk and Hoseok made up the rest of his squadron and were just as good as Leo, each with their own capabilities, they were the team honored with the task of fetching Eli.

He sat beside them at the dinner table, frowning at how happy everyone was as if they were not possibly entering a blood bath in a few hours. He rested his head on the table and as he listened to Hoseok go through the plan once more, he drifted off into a light sleep.

Eli's pov

I sat upon Taehyung's lap, as he sorted through the file of pictures which contained evidence of the experiments. Many of the pictures were disturbing and graphic, showing what the people looked like after the experiments, sunken eyelids, bloodshot eyes and brittle bonelike bodies.