Chapter 24

The body dropped to the ground as it painted the floor with a deep red. The demon kneeled before the limp body of one of the nobles as his white hair was stained red as he ran his bloody hands through his tousled hair. His body shook as an internal war raged within him, begging him to stop. The demon threw off his white dress shirt as he wore his tattoo proudly, fully aware that Taehyung would do everything to hide the mark but V was proud of it, he was proud of the power that the dagger represented.

He ran his tongue along his blood stained lips but scowled at the vile taste of the old noble's soul. It was bitter and bland, far different to the sweet energy that Eli's soul gave off. The demon stood in his glory, fangs barred on display, frightening the nobles that had gathered around Taehyung's house late at night hoping to find something that they would not find as long as V controlled a part of Taehyung's mind.

The demon smirked as he witness the shivers of the noble who was still alive, frightened as he clung to the wall hoping to escape the demons sight. He was foolish because a full demon was powerful, possessing powers that were far mightier than those that the monsters had. V advanced forward stealthily as he descended from the rooftop, pouncing on the noble in the process.

V grabbed the blue haired noble by his neck and slammed him into the wall with such force that it was enough to wound the monster.

The demon growled "Who sent you." as he dug his claws into the nobles neck, smiling psychotically at the sight of the nobles bloody neck.

The noble coughed and shook as he stuttered out "no one."

The demon dropped the noble to the ground and he rested his foot on the noble's neck, pushing down with such pressure that if he twisted his foot he would dislocate the noble's neck. "Tell me" he growled out, frustrated at the disobedience of the weak noble.

The noble breathed heavily, gasping for air as he opened his mouth intending to speak but he never said a word. The demon moved his foot from the noble's throat and grabbed his dagger as he slashed the noble much like he had done to those bodies all those years ago. He leaned down as he bit onto the barely living noble's neck, consuming the noble's soul and gaining his bitter memories.

V was disappointed, he had expected to find out who had sent the nobles from the noble's memories but he got little other than memories of a vile man who drank his problems away. V growled and threw the dead noble's body against the wall in fury.

He sunk to the floor in frustration knowing that if he didn't act soon then Taehyung would be sentenced for the demon's own crimes.

It had been an hour since the demon had take over Taehyung's body which had been wide awake as Taehyung stared at the ceiling, still plagued with nightmares that he couldn't sleep. He had gently pushed Eli's head off of his chest as he arose, anticipating what was to come when he found the nobles who had broken in to the estate. The demon was frustrated because his time was valuable and he owned little of it but he had wasted an hour protecting Taehyung and Eli.

The demon stepped into the estate and despite the cold his bare chest felt hot as the demon had lived in constant realm of cold and desperation, trapped away in Taehyung's body that the cold air felt hot to him. V collapsed on the fur carpet where Taehyung and Eli would always drink their coffee in the mornings.