Chapter two: Lyle and Acacia's Promise.

            I am running. There is a big peaceful forest around me. The sun is shining bright overhead. The leaves are a light green where the sun touches them. I look down and see my feet hitting the ground one after the other.

            One Two, One Two, One Two.

            I was 11 years old.  My sandals are ripping but I do not care. I keep running. From behind I can hear laughter. They sound like my cousins. I remember my uncle, on my mother’s side, has come to visit. My mother told me to dress pretty and girly that morning. I had on a short frilly skirt that had different color flowers on them with a low cut pink shirt.

            Jeffery, he was 12. My older cousins’ name was Michael and he was 14. Jeffery had dark brown hair and blue eyes while Michael had dirty blonde hair and dark blue eyes. Both of them decided to bring along friends. One boy was shorter then everyone. His name was Thabit and he had glasses he had to keep pushing up. Thabit was 11 years old and had chocolate brown hair. He was the peace keeper. Thabit brought his next door neighbor named Jared. Jared had brown hair and was the tallest, he was 13. One boy had pale skin and his hair was blonde, his name was James who was 13. He brought his older brother named Dixon who was 14. Dixon had jet black hair and light green eyes, for brother's they looked nothing alike.  Along with them came a pair of twins. They were 14 and their names where Aidon and Andrew. They were tall and had dirty blonde hair and blue eyes.

            We had decided to go outside and play. We were outside for almost 3 hours before they decided it was okay to chase me. I ran and ran and ran until I ended up in the forest. Outside the forest lines I stopped. They caught up to me out of breath and in between gasp they asked me why I stopped. I told them it was because I did not want to go into the forest. Jared had asked me if I was scared and I admitted I was. Jared raised his eyebrows and came over to me while everyone else had their back to us looking down to the town. I had run up the whole hill.

            Jared grabbed me by my waist and soothed my arm “It’s okay I won't let anything or one hurt you.” His voice like creamy milk. It reminded me of that feeling in your stomach when you eat fresh cookies out of the oven with cold milk. It made me feel safe and happy. Jared caressed my cheek. He was leaning down and he kissed me on my lips. His lips were soft but rough. He tasted of barbeque chicken. Before I could do anything about it the boys had turned back and where making kissing noises.

            My cousins where making disgusted noises. The others told me that because I had kissed Jared I had to kiss the rest of them. I just laughed and blushed. I mumbled to Jared if he promised and he said “Yeah, forever.” I took his arm off and ran into the forest. We ran and ran. I saw my sandal ripping. But continued to run.

            Seconds later I was on the ground clutching my ankle. I was rocking myself back and forth. The pain was horrible. I looked around and realized I had tripped on a root that was sticking out of the ground. Jared ran over to me and dropped on his knees. He kept asking if I was alright. I could not answer him I was scared that if I opened my mouth I'd scream and begin crying. I looked into his eyes begging him to read them. I wanted him to get my father.

            But when I looked into his eyes I realized he was the one begging. He was begging me to tell him if I was alright and how much pain I was in. The look in his eyes made all tears and urge to scream disappear. I told him my ankle really hurt. He turned his back to me and urged me to get on. He started walking and suddenly a cabin we had not noticed came into view. My mother was going to be furious when I got home.