Chapter thirty nine: The death of me.

The machine in the middle of the room groaned as I hit it on the side. I bounced back and landed on my side. I used my good hand and pushed myself up. My hair was in my face so I didn't see when Dixon came over. He dropped down and straddled me. Through gaps in my hair I could see his evil smirk. He brushed my hair aside so he could see my face. He told me how beautiful I was and how much he was going to enjoy our time together. He then proceeds to tell me I would always be his. He pushed my shoulders down. He pinned me down by applying all his weight on his hands that rested on my shoulders. I heard the others screaming but I couldn't see them. They couldn't see me. I was glad. Suddenly I was yanked up by my hair and pulled forward until being thrown down on my knees. Even with my head inches from the ground I could tell the Evan boys were in front of me. Kneeled down as if the rest were gods. As if we were so lucky. Dixon grabbed a bunch of my hair and forceful wrenched my head back. I clenched my jaw to stop from making a noise but I still let out a painfully groan.

Caden screamed at Dixon to let me go. Dixon ignored him at first. Knowing Dixon's temper I tried to give Caden the shut up message. I wasn't very successful. I really wish Caden, Joseph, and Mr. Evan hadn't heard us. That was why I led them to the basement in the nurse’s office. No one ever came down here. I must have been wrong. Dixon bent down so his face was in front of mine. His nose touched the tip of mine and I was disgusted. My mouth turned into a sneer. I pulled my head back but that only made him pull it forward until our noses banged together.

“Your boyfriend seems to really care about you.” He said disgusted and let go of my hair. He stood up and to the side. I dropped my gaze to the ground so no one could see my pained face expression.

I took me longer than it should have but I answered him. “He's not my boyfriend.”

Dixon dropped down fast and his hand enclosed my neck. His eyes were full of fury. “That's good 'cause you know I'd kill him if he was.” He grinned wickedly.

He wanted me to say it was my boyfriend so he had more motive to kill him. I pushed my head back a little further so I could talk. “He's not. He's only trying to protect me because of law suits.” Dixon looked at me like he didn't understand and didn't believe me. I continued saying what ever came to mind. “Think about it. If I die that's one law suit. Then you assaulted both Rosemary and I two weeks ago. Yet after I told them what happened when we were young they still let you go inside. Then there's the dead bodies that are either going to be your allies or mine. Maybe both. You know my dad. He'd sue these people for every penny they got. I highly doubt these people would be able to continue running this place if any of us died.” I saw reason and understanding enter his eyes slowly. Still he glared at me searching for something.

His hand tightened around my neck harder. I couldn't escape. Abruptly he let go. I took a deep breath in filling in my lungs. He hadn't choked me for long but I was never good at holding my breath and talking.

“Your right.” He nodded his head. Caden was safe for now. He started laughing and a pair of arm raped around me just under my breast holding my arms to me and keeping me on the ground. I looked back expecting Dixon but it wasn't him. He was looking down at me throwing and catching a big cement block. Pinning my arms to me was Joseph. I should have expected that. I looked away from Joseph back up at Dixon wide eyed. Joseph pulled me away from the Evans. We could clearly still see each other I think they we were meant to see.

Dixon yanked the arm he had wounded earlier arm out of Joseph's grip. I didn't even have to look inside his mind to know what he was going to do. I turned to look at Caden and Joseph wide eyed. My heart unbelievably enough thudded harder and faster. Anticipating the pain is the worst especially if you’re not looking because you don't even have a millisecond to prepare. Still I didn't look over to my side. I didn't want to see my already bleeding hand in Dixon's deadly grip. Even if I couldn't prepare myself I still needed to erase the expression on my face. I sharply turned my head away and faced Mr. Evan. He looked horrified but still collected. He made sure it didn't show on his face. He was a safer bet. He stared back into my eyes. I watched his face and knew when Dixon was attacking because his jaw clenched. Mr. Evan closed his eyes the second the cement block smashed into my hand. Rivers invaded my line of sight and the pain made me jump but I didn't scream. I held my head up high, chin in the air and gulped down the scream that was forcing its way up.

Dixon said something but I couldn't hear. The pain was so intense I felt the throb all the way up on my shoulder. I sat there like a soldier being tortured for information. I said not a word nor did I make a sound. Each time the cement came down harder than the last. The pain echoed throughout my whole body. Every time it came down on me Joseph pulled me in tighter. His arms squeezed my ribs and made my breast go up higher. I think that's why he did it because every time it came down on me I would squirm making my breast jiggle a little. I suddenly realized I should have worn a bra. The sudden realization made me giggle. Even as the cement connected with my hand and a very audible crack was hard I still giggled. I stopped as soon as I realized giggling made my breast jiggle even more. I huffed and looked away from Mr. Evan. I looked down at his knees and the floor in front of it. The tears I so valiantly held in spilled but the wicked smile never left me face. How sick is it that I find this humorous? How sick is it that I find my regretting to wear a bra more important?

A sudden smack on my face made the smile slip off. I looked up at an enraged Dixon. “Dude, calm down. I like her better when she laughs. She vibrates.” Joseph pressed me closer into him and I suddenly understood why he sat with his legs open and me in between. For the first time I noticed the hard object pressing into the curve of my lower back. I sat as still as I could knowing exactly what it was.

Dixon hissed at him and he let go. It happened so fast I didn't even notice I had all my weight on him until I fell backward because of his absence. I gave a small yelp. I couldn't stop my head from smashing on to the floor hard. I groaned and closed my eyes. I felt a presence hovering over me. I cautiously opened my eyes to see Dixon straddling me with his arms on both sides of me. This position seemed so familiar.

“It's like Deji vu ain't it?” Yes. Yes it is. Pain in my ankle and a head ache, too. He looked at me satisfied and proud.

I used my legs to push myself up enough so I wasn't completely under him. I sat up and started backing away using my feet and my good arm but Dixon had the upper hand seeing as his body wasn't in immense pain. I knew what was coming. Andrew would appear with rope and bind me so I wouldn't move. At least that's how it happened before. Seeing as I couldn't find Andrew in my perpendicular vision I guessed he was behind me. I froze for a second thinking about my surroundings. I could be completely wrong and grab at air like a lunatic or it could actually be like last time. I had to take the chance. I slipped my arm out from behind me so I would fall back will throwing out both of my arm, ignoring the protest, and grabbed at air. Instead I grabbed at a hard rough braided hairy surface. I couldn't believe I had actually grabbed the rope that Andrew so conveniently rolled into a hollow circle and brought over. I hit Dixon's arm where it bended while simultaneously slipping out from under him and slipping his head into the whole in the middle of the rope. Everyone was shocked. I was pretty sure no one expected that. Once his head was in I hurriedly grabbed both ends of the rope and tied a noose. I had created my own hanging rope and I was the tree that was going to break his pitiful neck.

As soon as I had both end securely in my hands I put my knee in the middle of his shoulder blades. I pulled on the rope so it was tighter around his neck. I put all my weight on the knee so I could bring my other foot around and stomp on his hand. He let go off the knife with a grunt and I kicked it in the general direction of where I knew the Evan men wouldn't be far from. I heard the sound of metal against cement as the person picked it up. I didn't dear to look. I leaned down so I could whisper in his ear remembering to take off all the weight I had put on my knee so he could clearly hear what I was about to say.

“Now you do what I say before I ring you’re pretty little neck.” I said echoing his words from that very night so long ago. Those same words that got me to burry my friends. He looked up at me completely horrified. He knew I was angry enough to do it. After everything he had done to me he knew that now that I had the upper hand I wouldn't fall back on my word.

A hand touched my arm and called my name. Another pair of hands grabbed the rope from my hand. I let them but when I tried to stand the darkness over took me and I fell on the floor beside Dixon. Even as I passed out I heard laughter and my name. A door burst open and footsteps ran in.