Chapter 19: The Seer's Second Warning

Começar do início

“Alright, me and Sarah are going to shower and get changed, and then we’ll be right down. Where do you guys want to meet up?”

“The Great Hall?” Ron suggests.

”Sounds good,” I smile, heading to the dorm as Ron and Draco get to cleaning up the Quidditch pitch.

After showering and changing into black skirt and white blouse with black flats, I head downstairs to the common area, my curls bouncing as I walk, and meet up with Audrey, who seems to already have been done getting ready. She smiles when she sees me.

“Finally,” she huffs, getting up.

I roll my eyes at her, and then smile. “Sorry, I take long showers,” I explain.

”I’ve noticed,” she chuckles, and we walk to the Great Hall, where we meet up with Ron and Draco.

“Took you guys long enough,” Draco says.

”Shut up,” I mumble.

Ron and Audrey laugh. “We were only waiting here for a couple of hours,” Ron says sarcastically.

“You shut up too,” I scold him, but then smile. He kisses my cheek in apology.

“Okay, I’m hungry, let’s go!”

“So we’re going to get some candy at Honeydukes,” Audrey informs us, after we finish our lunch.

Ron and I both nod. “Want to take a walk?” he asks me, right when Audrey and Draco leave the diner.

I nod, getting up. We say goodbye to the owners, an elderly wizarding couple in their late seventies.

The light spring breeze sends a slight shiver down my spine, and Ron instinctively wraps his arm around my waist, pulling me closer to him.

“Ah, it’s the Veela girl,” a hoarse voice says behind us.

I jump, turning around. A woman wearing yellow and purple robes is standing behind us. Her graying hair is frizzed and lays heavily over her black eyes. She holds out her trembling hand to us, smiling to show us her toothy grin.

“Do we know you?” Ron asks, pushing me a little behind him, protectively.

”You don’t seem familiar, lad,” she tells Ron, but then looks to me. “But dearie, you should remember me.”

“Jezebel Wincaster,” I whisper, and she smiles.

“So you remember me, dear?” she asks, her smile returning.

“Who are you?” Ron asks, still holding me slightly behind him.

“Ronald Weasley, correct?” she asks him, bowing her head slightly.

“Yeah…” Ron says, stiffening up. “How do you know my name?”

“She’s a Seer,” I explain to him. His grip on my hand loosens a bit.

“A Seer?” he repeats.

”Yes, my dear,” she croaks out.

”Why are you here, Jezebel?” I ask. “Both of us are Aur-“

“Aurors, I know,” she smiles.

”Why does that matter to her?” Ron whispers to me.

Hearing this, Jezebel pulls up her left sleeve, revealing her Dark Mark. Ron tenses up again.

”You’re a Death Eater?” Ron asks, anger filling his voice.

“Of course, of course,” she nods her head.