Chapter 2

I just came out of history and have been standing at our math class door waiting on my best friend Gabrielle. So far that new kid Jacob has been assigned to all my usual seats in every class while I had to go sit somewhere else. Most of the times the places I were put caused me not too see the board or hear what the teacher was saying, but Jacob took none of those advantages. He just talked with his friends on the side of him and no teacher complained. Soon I saw a glimpse of Gabrielle's Paris Pink bag that had a picture of the Eiffel Tower on it aproaching from the groups of students exiting the classroom.

"Hey,Jamie!" she greeted all perky.

"Hey. Whats for lunch today?" I asked trying to get a good look at the cafeteria line.

" Uh.. I think pasta and french fries." she guessed.

"When is Riddleton High gonna get some real food. I doubt the pasta is even edible." I moaned.

"It isn't when Ms.Muganthy is cooking." Gabrielle joked.

We made our way over to the vending machine. We just got the usual when there was nothing good to eat in the cafeteria. A bottle of our favorite soda, (Mine was Sprite and Gabriele's is Cocoa Cola), a bag of our favorite chip (Doritos and Pepper Fries) with a muffin or oreos. Usualy I got the muffin and Gabrielle got the the oreos because she had a puppy named Oreo. He was black with little shades of white. We went to our usual table that was now taken by Jacob and the football team.

"Ladies." Jacob greeted giving us a cocky smile.

"This is our table." I pointed out.

"Oh. Well I don't see your names anywhere. Do you guys?" he slid his thumb on the table top.

The other football players started agreeing with him, commenting and nodding.

"We usualy sit here so why don't you and your goons run along?" I snapped.

I watched Jacob chuckle like I said something funny. He smiled before going back to chatting with his friends like we were invisible.

"Come on, Jamie." Gabrielle started for another table across from them.

I followed and ignored Jacob's wink and smile as I took my seat.

"Guys like him urk me" I complained.

"Yet Guys like him can get any girl he wants." Gabrielle rolled her eyes.

" Not any girl." I added.

"So you going to the Masquerade Dance?" Gabrielle asked opening her chip.

"Might. But I don't have a date so why bother?" I plopped a green grape in my mouth.

"Mmm.. What about Chase?" Gabrielle pointed to Chase Mcphey. He was my science partner. We didn't really talk much. Only when we were suppose to

"I don't know. He's pretty shy." I shrugged.

"Angelo?" she chirped in.

"Too cocky." I commented.

"Jacob" she added.

"Even more cocky." I laughed.

"Oh. Well. There's more guys out there." Gabrielle got up to throw away her empty chip bag.

I took one more look over at our old table that was now being ruined by loud jocks pelting each other with roasted peanuts. I glanced at Jacob who was smiling away. Even though he was really annoying at times there was something different about him. I caught myself staring when he turned to see me and I pretended to be reading the back of the Pepper Fries Chip bag. He went back to talking to his friends and for some reason I just smiled.