Battles and Night One

"Things change. And friends leave. Life doesn't stop for anybody."―Stephen Chbosky

"And what do you think you boys are doing?" Nami asked them and they felt the shivers go up their spines at her tone.

"Nothing." They both said innocently and Nami gave them a look.

"You both are better liars than Luffy but no one lies to me." Her eyes darkened and Sabo felt a punch coming on from the girl but she wouldn't hit a kid would she?

"We're following Luffy." Ace said crossing his arms glaring at her.

"Why follow him? It's not like he can go far?" Nami asked confused.

"He's talking alone with that guy Law. I don't like him, he seems suspicious. We don't want our brother talking to people like him." Ace said to her and Nami fought back the smile on her face.

"So you're trying to protect him even now." She said letting the smile form on her face.

"You haven't changed at all." She whispered softly and Ace felt confused now.

"Law is one of us, in a weird way." She said hoping to end that.

"I still don't like him." Ace whispered looking at Sabo who was frowning.

"What are you guys talking about?" Luffy said coming up to the boys and Nami.

"They were following you." She said and Luffy froze slightly his eyes narrowing and looking down at them.

"But you guys didn't." He said simply and Sabo raised a brow.

"And how do you know we didn't?" Nami had stopped them but he wasn't there to see that part.

"I didn't sense you nearby while Law and I were talking." Sabo took notice that Luffy's eyes were a little red-not a lot red-but Sabo had seen Luffy cry enough times to know he was holding tears back.

"You can sense people when there near you?" Ace asked interested.

"Mn, I can feel it I guess, it's complicated." Luffy was never good at explaining things to people let alone things to himself.

"Can I do that?" Ace asked him and Luffy frowned trying to think about it.

"You were always stronger than me." He whispered out and Ace smiled at that knowledge.

"Of course! I'm your older brother after all." He said missing Luffy's change of tone.

"Well now that you boys are together again I'm going to finish my map." Nami said dismissing herself from Luffy.

"Why were you following me?" Luffy asked them sitting down on the grass closer to the Figure Head.

"We don't trust that Law guy." Sabo said knowing that when talking to Luffy you could go around in circles if you weren't straight forward.

"Why don't you trust him?" Luffy was confused, sure Law looked kinda scary but he was a good guy.

"He just feels dangerous." Sabo admitted to Luffy and Luffy laughed.

"He's a good guy, trust me." Luffy said and Ace narrowed his eyes at Luffy before crossing his arms over his chest.

"And how do you know that? You trust everybody!" Ace said to Luffy who sighed before touching the scar on his chest.

"I know he's a good guy because he saved me." Luffy admitted to Ace who sat down in front of Luffy was really looking at him now. Sabo taking the hint and not wanting to be the only one standing sat beside Ace and watched them.