Mystery Caves Through Time

"I find the whole time travel question very unsettling if you take it to its logical extension. I think it might eventually be possible, but then what happens?"-William Shatner

"We're lost." Sabo said behind Ace, he was holding his pipe protectively in front of him just in case of anything.

"We're not lost." Ace hissed but also held his pipe up just in case something happened.

"Are you sure Luffy ran into this stupid cave?" Sabo asked for what may have been the one hundredth time.

"I saw him run in this direction and I'm pretty sure I saw him come in here." Ace scowled but was starting to feel unsure about the situation all together.

"You're pretty sure or you know?" Sabo asked rolling his eyes knowing Ace was starting to feel anxious on how deep this cave was.

"We've lived on this island our whole lives and never once come across this cave!" Ace said to his brother who had already thought about that.

"It can't have just magically appeared Ace." He tried to reason but his mind was telling him that it just might have. Sabo had studied hard about everything this world might have to offer just in case they ever needed the extra information but this was bazar even with all that.

"Then please explain why we've been traveling for what –forever and a half and still haven't seen an exit?!" Ace said annoyed and Sabo sighed.

"Not all caves have an exit Ace why don't we turn back and wait for Luffy back at the tree house?" Sabo finally asked causing Ace to stop dead in his tracks.

"I wish it were as simple as that." He whispered to himself turning around he pointed to the way they had come from.

"But...That's impossible!" Sabo screeched and frantically began to kick at the wall blocking their path to go back.

"We just came from that way...Right?" Ace asked hoping Sabo, the rational brother, had an answer for whatever the heck was happening.

"Yes we did! I have no idea what the hell is going on!" Sabo was panicking he liked things that were able to be explained and whatever was happening was not explainable.

"So it means we have no other option but to move forward..." Ace said slowly not liking this one bit.

"When I find Luffy remind me to kick his rubbery ass." Sabo muttered under his breath and Ace frowned. Sabo was a gentleman and rarely cursed even when angry so this must be really bothering him.

"If we find him, something tells me he didn't run in here." Ace scowled and Sabo narrowed his eyes.

"Then why the hell did we?!" Sabo was on his last nerve but a light was being shown up ahead finally.

"Because we're idiots okay!? What else do you want from me?" He asked Sabo annoyed himself but the end of the cave was coming quickly so whatever was going to happen they would have to be ready for it either way.

When they came out on the other side of the cave they were quite surprised to see a bunch of smoke and fire.

"Ace...Where the hell are we?" Sabo practically shouted through the gun shots and screams of pain.

"Hell if I know! We're not on Dawn Island anymore!" He called back trying to move carefully through the smoke and avoid the shots being fired.

"Well, where ever the hell we are we need to move now!" Sabo shouted grabbing Ace's hand and pulling him forwards hoping beyond hope no one took notice of children on this battle field.

"What the hell's happening here?" Ace screamed in confusion

"Straw Hatter we need to go now! This isn't a part of our plans" A man yelled at a bunch of people and was that a skeleton?