I Need You || Chapter Nineteen

"To friends, and to family, and to friends that feel like family!" Octavia chimed holding up a tall skinny glass of champagne. Her dress was long and sleek to her body, a bright white colour that made her bright eyes beam. Lacy off the shoulder sleeves hugged her tightly with her hair dark and curled. She looked like a 1950's movie star ready to walk the red carpet and blow minds left and right. The girls stood in a circle around Octavia. Niylah was her maid of honour, along side her Harper and Clarke as her bridesmaids. Raven Echo joined them for drinks and preparation of getting her friends ready as well as Gaia, Lincoln's little sister and his mother, Indra. The bridesmaids wore burgundy cocktail dresses with a sweetheart neckline which matched the theme of the wedding perfectly. Octavia held a bouquet of burgundy roses while the girls held white. Burgundy had been her mothers favourite colour, everything was laced in the colour. The curtains, the flowers, the bed sheets. Everything. This little reminder of her mother had her beaming.

The girls shared stories from drunken nights and listed off the highlight real of their friendship. Since senior year of highschool, they had become inseparable. Octavia Harper and Clarke shared sleepless nights curled up in Harper's basement watching whatever soaps were on that night. Harper had lived with her grandparents in a big house with a pool in the backyard so it was always the go to place. The memories that they shared there, were a story in themselves. The trouble they got in to would make their parents cringe and almost landed them in jail once or twice. This was where Clarke loved to be. In the hands of her friends with nothing but laughter circling them so freely while being pampered with make up and hair products.

They ride the limo to the park and truly felt like a bunch of movie stars. All a little tipsy but they sober up when the crisp ocean air hits their cheeks. It's not too hot, and it's not too cold and there's enough of a breeze to make Octavia's veil flow softly behind her. When they arrive at the peak of 11am, everyone is already seated and Raven, Echo, Gaia and Indra find their seats as well. Kane welcomes his daughter with a bright kiss to her cheek and a tear in his eye. "You look beautiful, O." He says softly, holding on to her hands. "Your mother would be so proud." Kane wipes a small tear from her eyes as he brings her into a hug. Another tear falls shortly and Harper is already ready to join her.

"Daddy," she whispered softly, "how does Lincoln look?"

He chuckles and a smile tugs at his outer lip. "He looks like he's about to marry the most beautiful girl in the world."

Octavia cracks a heavy sigh of relief and she licks her lips, nodding shyly. Niylah walks out from behind the trees first. The venue they picked was a small off set area of Octavia's favourite park. It was where Lincoln took her on their first official date. They sat on the rocks and talked about their hopes and dreams and everything else that came to mind. She could see the exact spot from the alter. Harper walked next along the man made pathway, the sun shining against her perfectly blonde hair. She caught a glimpse of Echo in the crowd and shimmied her shoulders making everyone laugh.

Then it was Clarke's turn. Steadily holding the bouquet in her hands and the moment she turned the corner, her eyes found Bellamy's standing at the end of the groomsmen line. The moment caught her so off guard she nearly stopped in her tracks but it took everything in her not to. One foot in front of the other is how she guided herself. Even when she looked away she felt only his gaze sitting along her body. The soft chocolate eyes that melted her heart so long before seemed so familiar yet distant. Her heart nothing more than an uneasy mess. She carried herself down the rest of the aisle, holding back tears from the pit of her stomach. When she reached Harper's side, she put her arm around her quickly as if to suggest, it's okay, I'm here.

Octavia made her entrance with Kane at her side and everyone rose to their feet. The look on Lincoln's face when her saw her, was like every movie you'd ever seen. His eyes are glued to her and she can't take her eyes off of him. When Octavia breaks a smile from her stone cold face, it's when a tear escapes from his eyes. Bellamy, too, is crying. Softly. It's a mix of happy and regret. His sister was so beautiful, reminded him so fondly of their mother, and you could tell her happiness was radiating from the inside out. The fuel in her belly had been filled and this was her destination. This was exactly where she was meant to be. And although the thought was crazy, the one thing that was fighting from his insides was the idea of Clarke.