Rain || Chapter Ten

Bellamy has Clarke hand tightly in his as they dash through the street. Rain has made its appearance well known and its pattering around them. Head to toe, they're drenched and neither of them can stop laughing. Bellamy pulls Clarke behind him as they sneak under the overhang of a local coffee shop.

Clarke's body has turned in to a jittery mess, the hairs on her arms standing on end even under her jacket. But it's not because of the rain, at least not all of it. The way the rain has Bellamy's hair swooped to the side, his Carly's lightly bouncing. The beads of water pouring down his forehead. His shirt is soaked, and it's tight right to his body so she can see nearly every muscle. Bellamy still holds her hand as they stare at the grey sky waiting for the rain to clear.

Cars solace by, wipers moving vigorously through the pellets falling from the sky. A thunder hums and lightning strikes. Making the earth crackle. He looks down at Clarke momentarily and it's like she's glowing. The lights are reflecting from the water on her skin and Bellamy can't help himself. There's no way he can keep his eyes off of her. He cups her face in his hands, forcefully placing kisses to her mouth. She's caught off guard but quickly obliges. The raindrops from their lips melting away.

Clarke is weak in the knees and holding on tightly to his chest, begging for him to keep her up.  Bellamy's lips capture her bottom lip in a heavenly kiss, dragging out the space between them. The heat that radiates nearly fogging the air around them.

Lightning strikes once more, this time hitting the canopy above them causing it to fall and a pool of water splashing them, Clarke screaming and Bellamy has to hold his breath in order not to chuckle.

He scoops Clarke's hand in his once again and pulls her behind him as they make a run for it, across the street in and between traffic. Cars blaring their horns and their brake lights covering the street in a red glow. If you didn't know any better it could've just been Clarke blushing, the heat propelled from her cheeks. She can't take her eyes off of him. He made her wild. And she had never felt anything this sudden, this crazy. This freeing.

They're running into the apartment building, both completely soaked, drenched and they can't keep their hands off of each other. Clarke pulls Bellamy by his shirt for a kiss as she leans against the elevator doors. Bellamy pressing the 'up' button vigorously.

The door beeps and Bellamy walks her back, the leather jacket that's sticking to Clarke's skin is peeled away. His large hands tug at her waist, pulling her close. Her body so close to his that he can feel her shake under his touch.

The elevator door slips open and Clarke pulls her lips away from his, a smirk smeared across her mouth. She raises her index finger as he leans into kiss her. Instead she pushes it between them. "Shhhhh..."

Clarke turns around, Bellamy quickly wrap his arms around her waist, his lips buried in her neck. Clarke's blond wet, curly hair falling against his face. She holds her breath and she shoves the key into the door. The lights are off. Raven's not home.

Bellamy picks Clarke up effortlessly, she wraps her legs around his waist and he pushes her against the door. Their kisses are like fire. The touch of them burns. It's like one of those scenes from the movies where sultry music plays in the background. Bellamy slides his hands up her waist and under her t-shirt. He pulls her clothing off so slickly it's like unwrapping a present. Her body cold and each touch of his sticks to her like glue. Each touch leading to another.

Bellamy sloppily kisses her neck and she lets out a soft moan, of almost relief. "First door..." she managers out, her voice extremely breathy. "First door on the right." She leans her forehead against his and kisses his lips tenderly before breathing down his neck.

Bellamy slams into Clarke's bedroom and he lies her down on the bed as it bounced beneath her. He leaned over her, trailing kisses down her body as he unzipped his jeans and pulled them down. Clarke pushes the fabric off of his chest and smiles at the view above her. He is fit, even more fit than she thought. The water from his hair drops beads along her chest as he laces her stomach with sloppy kisses.

~~~

Clarke laid on her chest, leaning upwards staring at Bellamy sleeping. He was so angelic. In a weird way, reminded her of the rain. To be specific the feeling after the rain. When it's quiet and it's like the whole world is silent. And the only thing that matters is right in front of you. In this case, it's Bellamy. His skin glimmering while his eyelash's flutter.

How did she catch feelings for him? How was that possible. He was the last thing that she would normally fall for. But he was just so charming and so attractive and she had to stop herself from running her fingers down his chest. But she did anyway. Run her fingers all around his chest and then moved to his lips. They sat slightly parted and she leaned over and kissed him softly. "Morning already?" Bellamy says groggily, looking around and pulling Clarke close.

"Not quite." She whispered, leaning in to kiss him and his lips pull at hers for more. "I can't sleep."

"What's wrong?" Bellamy moves the hair from her eyes so he can get a better view. She shrugs avoiding the look in his eyes, knowing the moment she does, she'll melt. Bellamy tilts her chin towards him and she smiles softly. "What's wrong?" He repeats.

Clarke swallowed hard and fast. "I don't... I don't do this." She whispers, her voice about to break.

"Do what?"

She looks into his eyes and she's locked there. "Let my guard down."

His lips touch hers and she falls into his arms. Skin touching skin, the only thing keeping them warm. Bellamy runs his fingertips down her shoulder and then her arm and then her waist. "I like you, Clarke." She looks up briefly only to close her eyes. "You're really beautiful." He adds and she lies there still. His lips touch the top of her head repeatedly and she relaxes. 

Bellamy made her feel something. Something just had never felt before. Felt something even more elaborate than what she felt for Lexa, and he had only known him a few days. Was this love? Or was this Lust? Was there a difference? Was she just craving affection that she was accustomed to. Or did she like Bellamy. Did she really like him? She only had a few days before he left and she wouldn't see him again until Octavia's wedding. But she didn't want to think about it. She just wanted to hold him, and pray she could keep this exact moment with her forever.