Salvation || Chapter Six

Lincoln had rented out the private event area of the bar, Polis, where him and Octavia officially met for the first time. Although the memory of a little too tipsy Octavia came into play, that night changed them both for the better.

Everyone was dressed up, Octavia in a white sparkly dress while Lincoln wore a dress shirt and jeans. Each one of them dressed up enough to make each person in the room double take.

"Hey sexy!" Echo calls, making her entrance known by everyone in the room. She walks up to Bellamy, her heels clicking on the floor beneath her.

Clarke rolls her eyes and Harper hits her in the arm. "Come on you know she looks hot."

She snickers. "If you call a rodent in Jimmy Choo's hot then.... sure. Why not." Harper chokes on her martini.

They watch as Echo makes her way over to Bellamy, running her hand along his chest and planting a kiss on his cheek. "Oh they totally hooked up!" Harper bites down on the straw of her drink.

Clarke shoots Harper a look. "Why would you say that?"

Harper laughs feeling the jealously radiating off of Clarke like an MRI. "She's all over him like a little puppy, they definitely hooked up. Echo's got the look." Clarke bites down on the inside of her mouth so harshly she begins to draw blood. Jealousy poisoning the taste in her mouth. Bellamy has a smile tugging at the corner of his lips which angered her slightly. "Where is Niylah?" Harper looks around.

Clarke shrugs, "she's coming later, after her shift. What about Monty?"

"Oh he's around here somewhere. Probably trying to find Jasper a new lady friend." She spots him walking up to them. "As if on cue!" She laughs and kisses Monty as a greeting.

"Hey baby, hey Clarke." Monty smiles and Jasper gives them both a wave, already down half a beer.

"I'd like to make a toast!" Lincoln grabs a glass of champagne and starts to tap it lightly with a spoon. The room gravitates towards them, all attention on just the two of them. Octavia looking up at Lincoln adoringly, her arms wrapped around his waist. "I never understood what love was. I never thought it was real, I didn't understand the big fuss. And then I met you." He kisses the top of Octavia's head as she buries herself into his chest, giggling. He was addressing the whole room, but couldn't take his eyes off of her. "You are by far the epitome of love, perfection and grace. I'm just so thankful that I get to call you mine, forever." A tear falls down Octavia's cheek and he wipes it away as they look to each other, giddy like small children. "I would also like to thank Polis, and although it just happened to be a random encounter that set us off, I couldn't be more thankful for this place. For, without that night, who knew if I would ever have the guts to actually talk to the most prettiest girl in the world." Their lips meet and everyone hoots and hollers, clinking their glasses and drinking. Flashes from cell phone cameras going off.

Bellamy takes to the front of the room, after hugging his sister tightly. He clears his throat, looking out into the sea of Octavia'a friends. "Hello everyone." He mumbles and then clears his throat. "I don't know all of you. But my name is Bellamy, I'm Octavia's older brother." A few girls in the group whistle, ones Bellamy hasn't had the pleasure of meeting yet. "Growing up, my sister was my pride and joy. She was my everything. And when we were separated after our mother died, I felt like I was letting her down, because I couldn't protect her and watch over her. Not seeing her as much as I wanted. I wasn't able to scare boys off when they came banging on her door. But I can see now that I didn't need to protect her. She was more than capable of protecting herself. And since she's been with Lincoln, I can tell, she's never been happier." By this time he's staring right at Octavia, as happy tears pour down her cheeks like a leaky fountain. "Now I don't know much about love, but I can tell, only being around the two of you for a few days, there is an unbreakable bond. I hope one day I'll find that. One day I'll find that fairytale ending that you have. And I hope everyone can." Everyone clinics glasses and from the corner of Bellamy's eye he sees blonde hair swaying through the crowed, a shimmery black dress flowing, rushing to the exist. Clarke. "But then again, Blakes' do it better." The group of friends laugh and Bellamy switches spots with Nyko, a close friend of Lincoln's.