Date Night || Chapter Nine

The sun brightened up Clarke's cozy bedroom a bright harmony of colours. Her eyelids peeled open and before her laid the most beautiful girl she had ever seen. Lexa. Clarke reached out to touch her cheek, her skin was silky smooth just how she remembered. Lexa's eyelids fluttered open, a smile enlightening the view. She laid her hand on top of Clarke's against her cheek, her touch giving Clarke all kinds of butterflies. It felt so real. The room was a golden crisp colour and the light shined off of Lexa's sun kissed skin brilliantly. It felt so, so real. "I'm sorry." Clarke whispered. "I never wanted you to get hurt."

"I know." Lexa recited, kissing her fingers. "Don't blame yourself. It could've been anyone."

A tear sinks down Clarke's cheek. "But it wasn't anyone, it was you. Lexa, I love you."

The girl that laid in front of her smiled so softly as if in on a joke that Clarke was not aware of. "You loved me Clarke. Take the love I know you're so able of sharing and give it to someone else."

"But Lexa..." she stumbled on her words, holding onto Lexa's hand so tightly. She wanted to wrap her up in her arms and never let her leave this moment.

"I want you to be happy, Clarke. Life is about more than just surviving, remember?" Clarke's inside begin to break and tears are falling from her eyes consistently. "I will always be with you. I promise." Lexa touches her lips to the top of Clarke's forehead.

Clarke's eyelids flutter open. The room is no longer that beautiful orangey glow. It's cool and an unlikely grey. Her bed is large and empty and she couldn't feel more alone. It's been raining all day and since this morning when Bellamy walked her back to her room, she hadn't willed herself to get up. The sound of the pattering rain hits her window, calling her attention to the window. It's like the sky is one big grey cloud. Full of nothingness.

A tap at Clarke's door helps her sit up, the door cracks open. It's Raven, she's just gotten back from her physio appointment for her bum knee. "Can we talk?" Clarke shrugs, still not impressed with her roommates actions. "I've got cookie dough?" She smiles, scrunching her nose pulling a tube of Pillsbury from behind her. When Lexa first died Raven would call Harper over and they'd lie in her bed watching Netflix and eating cookie dough.

Clarke nods softly and Raven hobbles in. "How's your knee." She asks and Raven takes a seat at the edge of her bed.

"It's okay. Ya know it's always worse when the sky is crying." They're both silent for a minute or two when Raven decides to break the silence. She picks at the plastic tube of the cookie dough and slips some into her mouth."I know you're upset with me, but I want to explain."

"Raven..."

"No please just hear me out. We all make mistakes... and Murphy definitely made one. But if we were all judged for every mistake we made, none of us would have any friends."

"Raven..." Clarke tried to speak again but she's quickly cut off.

"He feels horrible for what her did. He drives me to every doctor and physio appointment and then drives me home and takes me for any errands I need to run he's a good guy who pretends to be a dick that doesn't care cause he's terrified of rejection. Especially from his own friends. That's why he gives you such a hard time." She rubs her lips together nervously.

Clarke takes the cookie dough from Raven and starts moulding some into a ball. "When did you plan on telling me? Your wedding day?" Clarke isn't horribly upset, more bothered than anything.