Mistakes || Chapter Seventeen

Clarke lazily traced patterns with her fingertips along Bellamy's chest. He fell asleep in her arms fairly quickly but she was too mesmerized to do anything but watch his eyelids flutter. Two days left. That's all she had. Two days left of Bellamy's lazy morning voice and his little crooked smile. Two days left of his stupid remarks and feeling she got every time he walked into a room. Two days left of good morning kisses and cuddles while Netflix played in the background. Two days left of hand holds hugs so tight, nothing could touch her. Two more days until it was all over.

The plan for tonight was bowling after Harper's shift at the pub. Echo had no problem skipping out on this one. Her excusing including something along the lines of not wanting to make everyone look bad by her incredible bowl-mister skills. Of course it was a cover for something so much more than that.

Bellamy and Clarke spent the rest of the day not able to take eyes off of each other. Between training Six and taking her out for pee breaks, Clarke was worn out. Bellamy had a nervous look to his face and Clarke poked at his expression as they lazed on the couch, eating frozen pizza. "What's wrong? Gonna miss me?"

He let out an exasperated breath, "don't get me started."

Clarke stretched her feet out along Bellamy's lap, wiggling her toes to get the feeling back. "Six months..." she mutters, swallowing a chunk of over cooked cheese. "Think we can do it?" She's being vulnerable, something she didn't enjoy. But something about Bellamy pulled it right out of her like a extra strength magnet.

A heavy breath escapes his lips. "That's why I got you Six." Clarke dug her heel into his leg and he lets out a soft chuckle. "I'll be back, sooner or later. Can't leave my girl unloved for that long."

A smile crawls at her lips but it's tainted with sadness. The thought of not seeing him for six months made her week. Her heart beating in uneasy slow patterns that made her wonder if she was even breathing. She could hold out for him, she was capable of waiting and holding on to nothing but FaceTime calls. She loved him, purely. The idea of him being her forever was something she had thought about a lot lately. She found herself wondering where they would be this time next year, or maybe even the one after that. Wondered if he would let the scruff on his face grow in. Wondering if her hands would always feel so good in his. If he moved here, would his skin glow even more?

Where would they be in five years? Would they be engaged? Married? Would he like to have that kinda life with her? Her life and heart so delicately placed in the palm of his hand to do with whatever he pleased. And she would let him do anything. Before, Clarke had never truly seen a forever. Had never seen her life past the end of the corner. Waiting for the next street light to tell her when to go. But now, Bellamy made it all different. She was now looking for pathways created by worn in shoes along grassy hills.

They decided to take Six for her first ever beach day. Clarke rocked a bikini top with a pair of high waisted shorts. Bellamy held her hand in his as the sun beat off of his bare chest. Six on a mesh that stretched out in front of them. Every few steps she would burry her snout into the sand searching for critters.

Bellamy and Clarke Parker themselves on the edge of the rocks so their feet danced in the water. The way the sunlight reflected off of her pale skin was like shifting an opal. Creative colours dancing from her eyes as she talked about her love of the ocean. The way small little ripples came in and hit her heals as she curled her toes. Imaging little fishes coming up to kiss her. Clarke held their tiny wet puppy close in her lap as they watched the sun sit midway in the sky.

Out of no where, in the middle of Clarke talking about something to do with the head, Bellamy opens his mouth. "I love you, Clarke." His voice is confident and she looks at him, puzzled.