𝘛𝘞𝘌𝘕𝘛𝘠-𝘍𝘖𝘜𝘙!

•Narrator•

Narrator

(F/N) was woken up by her phone ringing. She reaches for it, grasps it, and answers. "Hello...?" she groans with lidded eyes.

"It's Armin. I know it's early, but we need an extra worker at the café. I know you don't have class today, and I was wondering if you would come help out," Armin asks her.

Before (F/N) rejects his offer, she remembers waking up a few hours prior by Ymir, who seemed to be talking about a party. "Yeah, I wouldn't mind," (F/N) accepts.

"Great. Be there by nine, 'kay?" he asks.

She nods. "Sure," After that, she hangs up, and looks at the clock. It was 8:29 a.m. "Better start getting ready," she tells herself. Quietly, she opens her drawer and pulls out a pair of black leggings and a plain (F/C) t-shirt. (F/N) slips out of the t-shirt Levi gave her and changed into the new one, and repeated the action when she got into her pants.

(F/N) exits the dormitory and walks out of campus. The streets were rather littered as a result of last night's mayhem. When she arrived at the café, Armin was outside waiting for her. "I'm glad you're here to help out. Levi was a no show today, and he's our best worker," Armin thanks his friend.

"It's no problem. What will I be doing?" she asks.

"Well, it's simple. Just wipe off the tables, the only thing I see you'll have trouble with is dealing with troublesome customers," Armin tells her. She then remembers about the stoners (was it hipsters?) that Levi always complained about. They enter the café together.

Armin takes her to the area behind the counter, and hands her an apron and a small towel. "I'll tell you when break starts," he says. (F/N) nods, and starts her duties. She starts with the booths in the back, since they looked the dirtiest.

Petra glares at her from the kitchen entryway. I should have never let Armin find a helper, she tells herself. Today really wasn't her day. Even though she knew where Levi was, she decided not to disclose that information... yet.

He, in fact, was on the way to Calaneth Bay, a district around five hours away from Trost. Of course, Erwin constantly asked if he needed a painkiller or two, but Levi refused, insisting he was fine. However, he felt a bit stressed since he forgot to tell the manager at Rose Café that he was going to be gone.

Miche softly plucked the strings of his guitar. Hange minded her own business and played a mobile game on her phone, frowning whenever she lost and smiling when she won. Erwin silently read a book, and the crew was inspecting equipment.

"Can't wait to finish this tour!" Hange says, stretching. Miche hums in agreement.

"Don't get too excited, we still need to plan out the next album," Erwin tells her.

She frowns. "Thanks for spoiling the mood, eyebrows..." Hange groans, using the nickname she had made for him when they first met.

...

Two And A Half Years Ago

...

Levi, Hange, and Miche sat on the edge of the pier, the brilliant waters of the lake in front of them. Miche's guitar case was set next to him, and Hange's drumsticks stuck into her hair.

"We're getting better," Hange comments. "I mean, the crowd was a bit larger this time."

"I'm going to have to agree," Levi replies. He usually found the bad side on things, but today his positive side had taken over.

They sat peacefully for a while before hearing footsteps behind them. Hange found it somewhat suspicious and she turns to Levi. "Levi, I think someone's behind us," she whispers to him.

Levi, taking no chances, discreetly slides his hand into his pocket for his switchblade. "That won't be necessary," the person behind him advises.

"Hmm?" Levi hums. Slowly, the three turn around, ready to face off with whoever started talking to them. Instead of finding some tattooed gang members, they find a man in a suit. "May I help you?"

"I'm an agent for the Maria Music and Production Industry. For a few weeks, we've been observing your performances. We have to admit, you all have exceptional talent," the man says. "We'd like to recruit you."

The three turn and look at each other in disbelief. After one and a half years, they finally had a chance to perform professionally.

The man holds his hand out. "What do you say?"

Levi takes ahold of it. "Deal."