𝘛𝘞𝘖!

𝘼𝙐𝙏𝙃𝙊𝙍'𝙎 𝙉𝙊𝙏𝙀So, I was looking at this again and discovered  my seventh grade self used a homophobic slur in this chapter when Ymir says goodnight to the reader

𝘼𝙐𝙏𝙃𝙊𝙍'𝙎 𝙉𝙊𝙏𝙀
So, I was looking at this again and discovered my seventh grade self used a homophobic slur in this chapter when Ymir says goodnight to the reader. At the time, I didn't know what it meant (because my gross ass friend group at the time never bothered to call me out on it). While I myself am not absolutely heterosexual (saying this because I haven't exactly 'figured' myself out yet and don't plan on it), I'm removing it nonetheless because I don't want that in my writing. I apologize to anyone who I offended, and acknowledge that my reckless usage of the word back then was extremely damaging. Hope you guys like the word 'whore' instead.

— C.

•(F/N)•

I quietly shut the door behind me, careful not to make a sound. Thankfully, Ymir had stopped partying. However, red plastic cups were spread all over the floor, and is that puke I smell? Ymir, why, I internally groaned as I stripped into my undergarments, replacing my hoodie and sweatpants with a cat t-shirt and shorts. But wait, where was Ymir? She wasn't in her bed last time I checked...

"Ymir?" I called out. The hairs on the back of my neck raise when two hands clamp down on my shoulders, "What the...?"

"Calm down, it's just me," I sigh in relief when I realized it was just Ymir. She had a pair of gray sweatpants on with a navy blue v-neck shirt, "Anyways, where were you?"

"Studying at the Rose Café while you partied," I placed my hands on my hips, "Ymir, can't you simmer down for a bit?"

"Yeah..." she bit her lip, "Can't do that."

I grab a pillow and smack her across the face with it, "You're so stubborn, ya know?" she only smirks at me, "I don't know about you, but I'm tired."

"No shit, me too," I yawned out. Anxious to get into bed, I speedwalk to my side of the dorm, and throw myself into bed. My hand takes ahold of the edge of my soft blanket, and I throw it onto myself, warmth flooding through my body, "G'night, Ymir."

"Goodnight, whore," she mutters at me from across the room.

...

Levi•

How crazy was that girl, thinking she could walk home alone by herself? Does she really think a fucking book bag would protect her from some thirsty pervert? From what her report said, I thought she was smart. And yes, I was reading off her report. Why? I don't know. Was it necessary? Not really. Hotel? Trivago.

To be honest, I sorta felt bad for her. Her roommate must be really chaotic if she has to complete her studies elsewhere. Maybe that's why I walked her to the dormitory. I'm kind of jealous of her, actually. Unlike me, she got the chance to take college. I, on the other hand, didn't.

But when I thought about it... Maybe there was a reason why I looked at her paper.

"It is best to aid patient in eliminating anxiety-causing thoughts, which may include loss of family, friends, or objects. Another way to help these patients is teaching them how certain impulsive actions could lead to life threatening situations."

'Impulsive actions could lead to life threatening situations'? She got that right. I lifted my shirt to find a faded scar on my stomach. The pain I felt that day was nothing compared to all my bad days.

In my pocket, my phone began to ring. I groan at the caller ID. "No, Hange..." Me, being the 'nice' person I am, decided to answer the call, "What the hell do you want?"

"Hey Levi!" she almost screamed out, "Miche just told me we sold out!"

"Good, but you don't have to scream," I told her, "So, how many tickets were sold?"

"Fifty thousand, to be exact," she informs me.

"God damn..." I muttered, "That's a lot of people."

I hear her chuckle on the other side of the line, "I know, right? It's our biggest show yet! It's unbelievable!"

"I see why. Shouldn't you be going to sleep?" I ask her.

"Yeah... Probably should," she yawns, "I'll talk to you later, okay? And I promise I won't wake you up!"

"Better. Bye, Hange," I said, seconds before I hanged up, and dropped my phone onto a nearby table, "Fucking four eyes..." I grumble. At least she can sleep, I thought. My insomnia was almost severe, only allowing me a few hours to sleep. But it was perfect for when I went on tours, where I'd have to stay awake for days at a time.

Right now, it was completely calm, and I couldn't hear a sound, which I was perfectly fine with. I knew I had to appreciate the most of it before the tour, which would start days after our first stop, Stohess Arena. From there, we would go to Shiganshina City, then Calaneth Bay, and etc. The cycle would be repeated in a year's time.

Of course, this never stopped me from living a normal life. When I wasn't on tour, I worked as a cashier at Rose Café. The bandages I wear at concerts prevent anyone from knowing who I really am, so I'm free to roam around as much as I'd like to. Hange and Miche did the same thing as well to protect their identities, and the record company we work for ensures that our real identities are well hidden.

I stood up, and stood at the window, looking at the city in front of me. Never once has the skyline failed to impress me, and it still doesn't. Trost District was a dream for me Hange, and Miche. Like it was out of reach. Now it was right here in front of us.

We cannot fail, I thought.