𝘚𝘌𝘝𝘌𝘕𝘛𝘌𝘌𝘕!

•Narrator•

Narrator

"Quiet down, you're going to bother someone," Armin hushes his friend. She continued to laugh loudly, to tell point of making snorting noises. He had told her about a family member infected with AIDS after a drunk night out, and she somehow found the situation amusing.

"Ok, ok, let's talk about something else," (F/N) barely manages to gasp out. Despite all the scolding in sex ed, she could never get over the jokes about AIDS or any STD.

"I don't have the time, sorry. You laugh too much, that's all," Armin tells her.

(F/N) pouts. "Fine then, be that way. I'll be here," She pulls out her textbook and looks through it, searching for the notes she had shoved in at the last minute. (F/N) was never one for cleaning or organization.

It was time for Levi to enter his shift. He left his jacket hanging on the coat rack in the break room and slipped on his uniform. He spots (F/N) reading alone in her booth. Levi straightens his uniform and sits down across from her. "Not even a hello?"

She looks up from her book and smiles at her. "I'm sorry. I was too caught up in my book," Levi rolls his eyes at her. "How's life?"

"Like always. Dull and uninteresting," Levi responds. It's actually pretty interesting when I'm on tour, he mentally says. "What's your roommate up to?"

"Nothing too bad. She had her girlfriend over and they were extra flirty or something, and I just walked on out before anything escalated," (F/N) rants off.

"Oh... She swings that way..." Levi mutters. "Power to her."

(F/N) sips from her smoothie. "Fine with me, she can eat out anyone she wishes. I really don't care," Levi was taken aback by her sudden bluntness.

"Even if she gets herpes?" Levi questions.

"Yup," (F/N) says, popping the 'P'. Levi was now trying his best not to laugh or show any sign of amusement. He was surprised by the fact that she would not care if her roommate would contract an STD.

For another hour or two, they had a engaging conversation. Occasionally, Levi would go back to the counter to serve a customer or two. But when he wasn't clicking the buttons of the cash register, he would be keeping the college student company. She even went through the trouble of explaining some of the things she knew to him, since he was a drop out. Soon enough, the sun set and the streets darkened. (F/N) knew she had to get back to her dorm.

She stands up. "It was nice talking to you, Levi. But I need to get back to my dorm," she says.

"Fine with me, go ahead," Levi replies, returning to his spot behind the counter. (F/N) looks out the window into the streets. They were dark, and void of people.

I can't walk out there, it's scary, she thought. "Uh, Levi!" (F/N) calls to him.

He turns around. "What?" Levi monotonously asks.

She clutches her arm nervously. "C-Could you walk me back to my dorm? It's really dark out there..." (F/N) stammers out.

Levi hides it, but he starts to feel slightly flustered at the thought of walking her home. But he couldn't say no to her anyways, there was no way he was going to let her roam the streets on her own. Someone had to be there to protect her. "Fine, but only because it's pitch black out there," he answers.

(F/N) sighs in relief. "Thanks, you're a life saver," The two adults walk out of the coffee shop together and make way to her dorm. Levi couldn't help but feel a certain happiness protecting (F/N) from the potential evils of the city streets. He maintained a neutral appearance meanwhile making himself seem intimidating, which he could do without much effort, truth be told.

"So... You have class tomorrow, I guess?" Levi asks her.

"Sadly, an exam, too," (F/N) mentions. "But I think I'm good to go."

"You better. Because I don't need you whining about that," Levi encourages crudely. (F/N) can pick up the slight sarcasm and giggles quietly.

Both arrived at the gates. "Once again, t-thanks!" (F/N) barely manages to say, hoping that she didn't mess her words up.

Levi nods. "It's no problem," He noticed her uneasiness around him. "Just tell, alright? Wouldn't want anything bad happening to you."

"Yeah," (F/N) says. "Night, Levi."

"See you around, (F/N)," With that, he turns around and walks down the street, vanishing into the night.

Back at the café, Petra waited for Levi, tapping her foot on the ground anxiously. Where did he go, she thought, her patience running thin. There were still a few customers left, and she didn't want to be left alone with them.

As if on cue, Levi opens the door and enters the café. "Levi, where were you? I was worried sick!" she cries out.

"You shouldn't have been, I was just walking (F/N) home, that's all," he shrugs his shoulders after his statement.

"(F/N)?" Petra asks, somewhat confused.

"The college student," Levi clarifies.

"I'm pretty sure she's old enough to walk on her own," Petra says, hands on her hips.

"And I'm sure she's old enough to grab any creep's attention," Levi counters. "Anyways, I'm going home."

"Wait," Petra calls out.

...

(F/N)

I shut the door behind me. Ymir was in her bed, probably cramming in some extra knowledge for tomorrow's exam. "You're late," she kinda spits at me.

"I'm sorry, but I had to give both of you privacy," I explain.

Ymir sets her book down. "True that. Dude, you can't imagine how good-"

"Ok, ok, you don't have to tell me about your sex life," I insist, waving my hands in the air to get the message across. Ymir narrows her eyes and returns to reading her book. I slug off to the bathroom, enter, and slide down the door, head in the clouds.

My heart beats loudly, and I can feel blood pulse in my ear. This was always the case whenever my mind ever strayed to the cashier. I don't know, it always made me feel warm on the inside.

But I realized something. This was an emotion, one that took me back to my high school days.

Bitch, I was in love.

...

Author's Note

▪New Updating Schedule▪

Fridays and Wednesdays will be update days! However, this will not mean only one chapter will be released on those days.

By the way, I published this a day ago, but I need to make some changes.