Chapter Twelve- Alex is Stuck in a Triangle

Chapter 12- Alex is Stuck in a Triangle

         The feel of her kiss still tingles on my lips. I touch my lips and try to remember what just happened. Scarlet just kissed me! I should be happy, but I don't feel so good. My stomach felt like it was in knots. Shay. I am still in love with her, even if she is gone for good. It is a love triangle I could never win. I love Shay, Shay loves- I mean loved me (at least I hope so), and Scarlet loves me. Do I love Scarlet? I never felt that way about her. Okay that's a lie.

            I remembered when I first saw Scarlet. It was like a love-at-first-sight thing. I was at a loss of words, even when Shay was next to me. Scarlet is downright gorgeous, with her thick dark brown hair and sparkling yellow eyes. I liked the way she smiled. I liked that she was so mysterious. A spark flew when I saw her for the first time.

            Shay! the voice in my head reminded me.

            She's dead, I reminded the voice harshly.

            You can't betray her like that. It has been, what, three days since she died? the voice told me.

            Tears rolled down my face. The voice is right. It's always right.

            Okay, you must be staring at the page thinking: What? Why is he talking to himself like a mad person? What's up with this voice thing?It's a strange condition that I forget the name of. I hear a small voice in my head that talks to me. I like to call the voice Kyle. Kyle was my imaginary friend when I was young. He was my best friend (yes, I know that's weird, being best friends with a voice inside your head), until I met Shay of course. I told my mom about Kyle and how he speaks to me. My mom then took me to a therapist to see what was wrong with my head. My therapist diagnosed me with some condition and I continued on with my life, sort of.

            I just need to visit my therapist every once in a while. That's one thing I don't miss back at home. My overly happy, smiley, therapist.

            I never told anyone about my condition. I make up excuses when I have to go to therapy. I have kept it away from Shay for all these years. 

            My thoughts suddenly flittered from my condition back to Scarlet. Her image flashed in my mind. Can I love Scarlet? I don't know. My head feels all jumbled up. 

            I am not sure if I should go back to Scarlet's house. I stood there for a while. I decide to try to find Oliver and Dawn. I knew how to get back to the village from here. I slowly walked through the forest. Why do I feel so weak and helpless? Why do I have a knot in my stomach? I just moved on forward, away from the forest that gave me the chills when I first got there. With Shay. 

            I know I need to forget about her. She is gone now. With tears rushing down my face, I ran to the edge of the woods. Dead grass crunched under my feet, reminding me of Shay and her powers that Milda tampered with somehow. 

            Guilt suddenly washed over me. We didn't even bury Shay, or give her a funeral. I need to find Oliver. Maybe we can go back to Shay and give her a proper funeral. I wouldn't want to bury her in the dark side. I would bury her in the meadow. Tears started to rush down my face. I looked through the thickness of the trees. Yellow eyes popped out of no where, then they quickly disappeared. Now I am imagining things. Great. I let out a huff of breath. I shook my head and kept moving. 

            When I reached the edge of the forest I whistled like Shay did to call for the unicorns. I waited ten seconds, They didn't show up. I whistled again. No unicorns. Maybe Sunni was holding them back or maybe I was doing it wrong. I shrugged, and jogged to the village. It took longer than expected. By the time I got there it was around one' o clock. I stopped in front of Dawn's clothes store. There was a big sign that said FOR SALE. Sunni closed down her business! I stood there, confused. I stared at the sign for a while, not knowing what to do.