Chapter Eight- Shay is Afraid

         "What?" I demanded. Alex woke me up in urgency.

            "Sunni," he whispered.

            "What about her?" I asked.

            "She is here. In the hospital wing," he told me.

            "How?!" I was shocked. How could Sunni be here?

            "Let's go see," he motions for me to come but I am somehow glued to my spot. I realized that it has been another day. Alex is still here. Scarlet could be missing.

            "I need to do something first," I said and I bolted outside. "Scarlet!" I yelled. She came running to me in a flash.

            "Yeah?" she asked me.

            "You are okay!" I said happily.

            "Yes..." she said.

            "Did anything happened to you last night or earlier today?" I asked her.

            "You are acting so weird," Scarlet rolled her eyes. "But I'm fine," she shrugged.

            "Thank god you are okay!" I hugged her.

            "Yeah, yeah. I'm fine. So I heard your cousin is here?" she asked me.

            "How did you know?" I asked her.

            "Remember, I am watching, always watching," she smiled mysteriously.

            "Scarlet, before you go, I need to ask you something," I told her.

            "What?"

            "Well, what's up with you and running all fast and having all these fast reflexes and stuff?" I asked her.

            "If I tell you, will you answer a question I have for you?" Scarlet asked me.

            "Sure," I shrugged.

            She whispered in my ear, "You see, Oliver accidentally went crazy one day. He turned into werewolf form and got me." Scarlet applied more red lipstick.

            "You're a werewolf?" I asked, amazed. "One more question," I asked her. 

            "What?" she asked, clearly annoyed that I have another question.

            "Where is your family? You never seem to talk about them," I asked. 

            Tears filled her eyes. "I lived with my mom and sister. My sister's name is Crimson," she said slowly. She looked behind her. I noticed how she said lived instead of live. I knew I shouldn't ask though.

            "Now my question for you," Scarlet said.

            "Hit me with your best shot," I said.

            "Are you and Alex dating?" Scarlet asked me.

            "What?" I asked in surprise. I was not expecting her to ask me that. "No, we aren't dating. We are just friends," I said.

            "Do you like him?" Scarlet asked me.

            "Nope," I said, trying hard not to blush and to keep a straight face.