Chapter Eleven- Alex Learns Scarlet's Fairytale

Chapter 11- Alex Hears Scarlet's Fairytale

           I found myself in the meadow where Shay and I were found. I am not sure what happened or how I got here. Shay is dead. I remembered. I started to sob more. My face was probably bright red. I plucked a piece of glass that was stuck in my foot. It was slightly smaller than my hand and it was covered in blood. I threw it far. I accept the pain. Shay's death was all my fault. I will never see her smile again. I will never hear her words again. She will never get to go back home. 

            I don't remember the last words we exchanged. What was her last words? Was she in pain before she went? I hope not. Tears rolled down my cheeks. I was head over heels in love with Shay. She was my best friend. Now she is gone.

            My therapist back at home told me to go over things in my head to make things more clear. It reminded me of something Katniss Everdeen did in The Hunger Games, a book Shay forced me to read, when she was loosing her mind,

            My name is Alex Halter. I fell through a mirror that Shay got from her dead grandmother and landed in Abesa. Her grandmother was from Abesa. We are apart of the legend of Abesa. We went on a rescue mission to save Scarlet, Dawn, and Oliver. We saw an innocent girl get murdered by Sunni. We went to the Land of Nightmares. Milda separated us. I heard Shay scream. I didn't go back for her. I was thrown in jail. Sunni let Scarlet and I free. She murdered Milda. She murdered Shay. Sunni murdered Shay. Sunni murdered her. Sunni murdered her. Sunni murdered her. Sunni murdered her cousin. She murdered my best friend. She murdered a loved daughter, who never get to go back home.

            That went on repeat in my head for hours. I laid down in the grass, crying, thinking those thoughts. I sympathized for Oliver. He lost the woman he loved, right in front of his eyes. And now he has to live forever and let it haunt him.

            That's probably why Milda cursed him to live forever. So he can never forget Willow.

            "Are you done having a tantrum?" Scarlet asked me. She came from no where, and sat down next to me. I sniffed. 

            "How did you know I was here?" I asked Scarlet. I looked in her eyes. Her eyes were wet. Her face was red too. She must have been crying. 

            "I had a hunch," she shrugged. 

            "So... is everything okay with Oliver?" I asked her. 

            "I wanted to wait until later to tell you. But I guess I'll tell you now. Oliver can't go in his own castle. The servants called him an imposter. Sunni disguised herself  as Oliver yelled at him and threatened to put him back in the dungeon. We are put in the streets, Alex," Scarlet shook her head. She put her head on my neck and I accepted this embrace. I needed comfort. This is happening way to fast. We sat like this for the rest of the day. 

            We watched the sunset. Darkness was about to settle in. "Oh! I forgot," Scarlet pulled something from her pocket. Bandages. She wrapped my foot. She smiled a sad smile at me. "That is a deep cut. I feel like this my fault. You'll need Healing Juice, if we can get some. Want to see my place?" she asked me. 

            Scarlet helped me up and led me through the dark woods. She stop at an open spot. It had a small house. She helped me inside. There was two beds. "Why is there two beds?" I asked. 

            "This wasn't the first time Milda took someone who was loved," Scarlet whispered. "She took my little sister, Crimson and my mom. Crimson was only five years old," Scarlet shook her head, Set a fire to our house. I was gone at the time," she sighed. But how is there two beds? Wouldn't have they got ruined in the fire? I decided not to ask, maybe she didn't want to talk about it. After a couple of hours I fell asleep on one of the beds.