Prologue

Prologue

         A long time ago there was a wondrous kingdom called Abesa. It was known as the Land of Dreams. Abesa was a place of peace and happiness, where fairy tales came true and people lived happily ever after.

         However one day a thick dark forest grew splitting Abesa in half creating the dark side of Abesa, also known as the Land of Nightmares. Here evil lurked in the shadows and there was an ever presence of fright and sadness in the air.

        An evil woman named Milda ruled as queen in the Land of Nightmares. She had powers no one could explain and a heart of ice. She didn't care for anyone but herself and didn’t believe inhappily ever after as the people in the Land of Dreams did. She was different and people had teased and tormented her for years because it wasn't normal. She despised and grew ever hatred to the light side and was plotting to take it over.

            King Oliver rules the Land of Dreams. He was engaged to be married to a beautiful girl named Willow Rose. It was love at first sight when they met. King Oliver thought the world of Willow Rose as she was so kind and caring and so very innocent. Willow was deeply in love with King Oliver too and couldn’t wait until the big wedding day arrives.

            Milda learned the news of King Oliver and Willow Rose’s engagement and knew she had to stop it as she knew something even Willow had not discovered yet. Willow possessed the power of magic. Having magic is a rare thing in Abesa. You are special if you have it. Soon Willow would become queen and with her power ever growing she knew she could never take over the Land of Dreams. She had to get rid of Willow Rose. Milda used her great sorcery and conjured up a magical mirror. This mirror was able to transport you to another dimension called Earth where the reality of this world much differed from what Willow Rose ever knew. 

*****

            Willow awoke rather suddenly as she had another dream vision of Milda, it  was a nightmare actually, in the Land of Dreams. That is practically unheard of! No one has nightmares in the Land of Dreams. Everyone dreams of happy thoughts, at least she thinks so. However Willow put it to the back of her mind as today she was so elated because today was her wedding day!  She couldn’t wait to see King Oliver standing at the end of the isle to take her hand in marriage!

          She rang a bell by her bed. A servant came to her assistance immediately "What do you need, my queen?" the servant asked her.

         "Well I am not quite the queen yet," said Willow dreamily.

           "Sorry, ma'am," the servant apologized.

         "It's quite alright. Can I have breakfast?" she asked the servant.

         "Of course. What would you like to get?" he asked her.

         "Surprise me," Willow smiled. The servant bowed and walked out of the room. Willow picked up a book and tried to read as she waited, but she couldn't focus with her excitement of the wedding. Eventually, the servant came back to give her breakfast.

          "Eggs, made the way you like it with fruit on the side," the servant said.

          "Thank you," Willow smiled as he set the tray on her lap.

          "After you are done eating, ring the bell and more servants will come to get you ready for your wedding, which will start in five hours" he bowed and then left the room before Willow could say anything. She ate her breakfast and rang the bell. Five servants came into her room.