67

Cassidy’s POV

“One more?” I begged.

“Fine. You’re going to turn into a cookie yourself if you keep gobbling these things so fast. It’s a wonder you stay so small Missy.” My puppy eyes worked their magic on Zayn and I snatched a chocolate chip cookie from the tray.

“I’ve just been so hungry!” I spoke through a mouthful.

“Geez, you’re eating more than Niall! What did you have, four pieces of pizza last night at the party?” Zayn laughed, standing up from the table.

“Five,” I mumbled, wiping my mouth.

”She seems to be getting tinier if anything,” Liam speculated, narrowing his eyes.

“I don’t know why! I swear it!” I raised my hands in defeat before they could suspect some teenage girl diet craze. I really didn’t though. The last month I’d been so hungry and thirsty, yet I seemed to be losing weight.

“She’s probably in the middle of a growth spurt, mate. And don’t swear, Cass.” Zayn concluded.

“I don’t know… How tall are you, babe?” Liam asked.

“Like 5’9,” Zayn answered, and Liam scowled.

“Not you Zayn! Cassidy.”

“Last time I checked I was like 5’2. But that was what they said when I was in hospital back in The States when I scratched my leg. A couple months ago…”

“Let’s measure you!” Liam found one of the crew measuring tapes and held it against me.

“5’2 and half,” Zayn read off, glancing up at Liam.

“Some growth spurt,” I grumbled, biting into another cookie.

“Cassidy!!” Liam exclaimed, gesturing to cookie.

“Fut?” I asked innocently, crumbs spilling from my mouth.

“I give up.” Liam dumped the tray into the trash.

“Hey! I was eating those!”

“Eat something that will really fill your belly up, like an apple!” Liam insisted.

“Oh, like you guys are the best examples,” I motioned to Niall who was behind the refrigerator door, squirting whipped cream into his mouth.

“Huh? Whoops,” Niall set the can back.

“It’s one thirty already? God, I have to go pick Sofia up from the airport.” Liam said suddenly, the clock catching his eye.

“You guys got Cass?” He asked as he jogged out the door, not waiting for a response.

“I have a business meeting about one of the charity’s we’re working with,” Zayn announced. “I gotta go get one of the crew to pull around a car for me.”

“Ah, lad I need the car, too. Louis, Josh and I were planning on grabbing some beers.” Niall interjected. The problem with being on tour was the lack of resources. We only had so many cars to drive around the city in separately.

“Sorry mate. I guess you’ll have to take security’s’. I have to go or I’m gonna be late.” Zayn grabbed his wallet from the counter. “See ya later, love you Cass.” Zayn pecked my forehead as he exited the bus.

“How about me?!” Harry moped.

“Love you too, Haz!” Zayn called back.

“Can you guys at least drop me off at this golf course around here? I’m meeting up with some friends.” Harry asked.