57

**Sorry I haven’t updated as quickly as I usually do, but I seriously haven’t had time! WARNING: drama**

Cassidy’s POV

“We’re about to land, pack your stuff up, love,” Liam advised, shutting down his MacBook. I nodded and folded up my blanket, stuffing it into my bag. Yawning, I shoved my feet back into my Uggs, and pulled my hair up into a pony tail.

“How are you tired, you literally just slept for three hours,” Liam chuckled. I shrugged and pointed to my long sleeved shirt which read ‘The girl that never sleeps’. We’d been traveling constantly during the last weeks of the tour, and it was taking a toll on me.

“Please, he sleeps a million times more than I do,” I whispered, motioning to an asleep Zayn.

“I think we’ll have to wake him up,” Liam sighed, reaching over to wake him up.

“No, let me do the honors,” Grinning, I grabbed a spare blanket and tickled his cheeks gently with the corners of it. Zayn opened his mouth and swung his head from side to side- but didn’t wake up. His hand flew up to his face to try and shield it from the blanket. I giggled and continued this until he finally peeled open his eyes. It took him a moment to gain consciousness of what was happening before he laughed.

“What were you doing? It felt so weird! I was in the middle of a dream,” Zayn asked, gliding a hand through his disheveled hair.

“I was tickling your checks with the blanket,” I announced.

“You little squirt!” He laughed, pulling my onto his lap. He began tickling my sides, not letting me get up from his lap.

“STOP!!” I shrieked, trying to wiggle from his grasp. I pressed my palm to his face and pushed him away, but his arm remained tight around my waist. “ZAYYYYNNN!” He laughed devilishly from under my hand.

“You’re just so ticklish, Cass!” I managed to slip from his hands and landed on the ground of the plane with a thump.

“You’re so mean.” I pouted, crossing my arms. Before he could respond, the pilot came over the loudspeaker.

“We’ll be landing in rainy Seattle in just a few moments, so please take seat and buckle up for the remainder of the flight, thank you.”

“C’mere,” Zayn motioned to the seat next to him. I shook my head.

“No. You’ll tickle me again!”

“Nah, but seriously you have to sit- captains orders.” He insisted, patting the seat.

“I am sitting!”

“On the seat, smarty.” Zayn rolled his eyes. But I remained on the carpeted floor, not trusting him. “Well, If you don’t get up here I might have no choice but to tickle you-“ I scampered up onto the seat without further arguing. “Thought so.” He smirked. I closed my eyes and rested my head against the head rest.

“Don’t go back to sleep, we’re here babe.” I groaned, lifting my head.

“I’m tiiirreeddd,” I complained.

“You can sleep when we get to the hotel, but we can’t get to the hotel if you don’t get up,” Zayn explained, standing up.

“Carry me!” I held out my arms.

“Fine,” He agreed, and I climbed on his back. “Geez Cass, you’d think you’re five.”

“I don’t care.” My head rested comfortably on his shoulder.

**At hotel**

“I can’t find my bloody wallet,” Liam groaned, tossing the pillows off the couch in an effort to find it. “Can you help me look for it, babe?”

“Yeah,” I paused the TV and opened some of the drawers on the dressers, searching in every cabinet. In the bedroom, I unzipped his suitcase and shuffled through his clothes. My fingers brushed against the leather and I gripped the bundle, pulling it out.

“Liam I found it-“ My voice caught when I flicked through some of the envelopes that were dug out. A rubber band was fastened around roughly ten letters. Not just any letters. My letters.

“Did you say you found-“ He stopped abruptly as he saw what I had in my hand. I tore the envelopes open quickly and enfolded the notes, as if to be sure they were indeed what I thought they were. “Cass, please just let us-“

“Shut up Liam!” I snapped, louder than I intended. My hands shook. I couldn’t catch my breath. “These.Are.Mine.”

“I know, we were going to show-“

“SHUT UP! THESE ARE MINE, NONE OF YOUR FUCKING BUSINESS!” I screamed, standing up from the ground so that we were now both facing each other. His eyes were wide and he fumbled for words. My fists clenched, crumpling the letters. By now, a crowd had gathered outside by the door, including the rest of the boys. “THIS IS ALL I HAD LEFT OF MY FAMILY! HOW COULD YOU?!” I cried, throwing the letters to the ground. “Why, Liam, why?” My voice was now soft, almost inaudible. “How could you?” My eyes were focused on the torn letters surrounding me. Something snapped in me. “I TRUSTED YOU, DAMMIT, I FU-”

“Cassidy please calm-“ It was Niall who spoke now.

“DON’T.TELL.ME.TO.CALM.DOWN. THESE WERE MINE.” Without looking up, I stormed out of the room, shoving past the boys and some of the crew. Just outside the room stood a shaken small figure; Lux. Her big eyes were filled with tears as she hugged her blankie close to her. I couldn’t even look as her. Instead, I headed straight out the door and ran down the hallway to the emergency staircase leading down to the ground level. We were on the fifteenth floor, but I wasn’t worried on reaching the ground, I just needed to get away. My hand grazed the rail while I jogged down the stairs.

I wasn’t crying. Not because I didn’t want to, but because I wasn’t sad, I was angry. At myself. I should’ve known not to trust them with my past. I shouldn’t have let them read the letters with me. I fucking trusted them. I trusted them. And now I had been hurt; again.

My breath grew heavy, and my pace slowed, but I didn’t stop. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw someone on the level above me, moving quickly. It was Liam. I quickened my stride. But Liam was bigger and faster.

“Cassidy! Stop!” He called to me, I didn’t listen of course. I felt him grip my forearm, trying to stop me.

“LET GO!” I screamed, yanking my arm.

“Stop running, Cass.” He was out of breath. Using all my strength, I threw myself forward, away from him. He didn’t let go, making his fingers pressed into my arm harder. I whimpered, never liking physical contact.

“I’m not trying to hurt you, stop pulling away.”

“YOU ALREADY DID!” I tugged harder.

“You need to stop Cassidy. Right now. You can’t run away every time it gets hard. Please, don’t run. Please stop.” His voice cracked.

“I can and I will,” Using the railing, I heaved us down to the platform in between floors.

“You’re running from love. You’re running from everyone that loves you because you’re afraid of being loved, of loving someone. You’re scared, Cass. I know.” I bit my lip.

“I-I-I-“ I stuttered, the air not making its way into my lungs.

“We hid them from you because we love you, and hated seeing you the way you were when you read them.” Liam explained. I stopped pulling away from him and stood still shaking my head and closing my eyes.

“Please don’t love me.” My eyes remained shut as Liam wrapped his arms around me.

“Too late.”

**Sorry it wasn’t the best quality chapter but yeah :/ Comment/vote please! I wanna know what you think!**