38

Liam’s POV

I knew Cassidy was holding back, but I didn’t want to push her to tell me. I wanted her to be comfortable to cry around me, I wanted her to know she was safe. But she gulped her tears away, and it killed me seeing her try to be strong for me. It should be the other way around. But she seemed fine the rest of the afternoon, and looked like she enjoyed the show. Now we were on our way to New Jersey.

“Cass do you wanna come with me to pick up coffee’s for everyone?” I asked Cassidy. We were at the airport, and all of us were utterly exhausted from being up all night. (hehe- not intentional). She agreed and we headed to the Starbucks a few terminals down.

Cassidy’s POV

A couple of tabloids caught my gaze on the small rack in Starbucks. Did I really want to look at them? But, I couldn’t control myself, and when Liam wasn’t looking, shuffled through them. Publicity Stunt Gone Wrong?! Is the one that interested me the most. I double checked to make sure Liam was pre-occupied, and turned to the article. After skimming it, I concluded it was nothing I hadn’t heard before- but that still didn’t stop it from hurting. I should be used to this by now; being under a microscope by the world. It was at the end I saw who it was written by. Tamera Williams. Of course, how hadn’t I guessed it?

“Whatcha looking at, love?” I heard a voice say from over my shoulder.

“N-nothing,” I slammed the magazine shut and shoved it back on the rack. “Ready to go?” I asked Liam, forcing a smile.

“If you are,” He looked at me strangely, but didn’t question me.

**New Jersey**

“Cassidy, guess what arrived?!” Zayn hollered to me from the front of the tour bus.

“hm?” I hummed, looking away from the T.V. screen.

“Your schoolbooks!” He held up the books as he walked over to me and plopped them in my lap. “Now, off with the  T.V. so you can work.” He flicked off the screen before I could object. I shoved the books off my lap and crossed my arms.

“Just a little longer? C’mon Zaynie…” I pleaded with puppy eyes.

“Stop it,” He whined. “You get your laptop back!”

“Yay.” I said sarcastically.

“You asked for it,” Zayn began a tickling war, and I was crying for Uncle after just a few seconds.

“ZAYN…STOPPP…” I gasped, trying to kick him away. I was laughing so hard from laughter I could barely speak.

“Say you’ll do your schoolwork, love,” He smiled devilishly.

“I…DO...WORK!” I managed and he stopped and patted my head.

“Good girl. Ok, I’ll be up front in you need me.” Zayn passed me the laptop and I nodded. The work started off easy, but progressively got harder. At one point I decided I’d done enough and looked up to find that is was 5:30 already. No wonder I was hungry. I slipped the laptop off my lap and went to find something to eat.

“There’s our star student!!” Harry exclaimed, picking me up and spinning me around.

“Yeah, yeah ok. Any dinner around here?” I asked as he put me down.

“Pizza for the princess,” Louis replied, grabbing a slice of cheese pizza and placing it on a paper plate.

“Thank you. I think I’ve had enough torture for one day, right?” I told them, not wanting to work on school ever again.

“I suppose. We have a concert in like five minutes anyways. In fact, we better get going.” Zayn answered as he checked the time.

“Adios,” Niall sang and waved goodbye as they entered the arena. I had attended two concerts in a row, and decided to just watch a movie and go to bed early. I found the film The Notebook in the box of movies, and selected it. I’d seen some of the girls on the crew watch it before, and they’d always be in tears by the end. Nothing like a tear jerker for lonely nights. I took a shower and changed into P’Js before ducking into my bunk and sliding the disc in. At some point I fell asleep, but awoke much later when Niall checked on me.

“Hey cupcake. Sorry if I woke, just wanted to say goodnight.” He pecked my forehead and stroked my hair as I fell back into a deep sleep.

**Morning**

“VROOM VROOM,” I heard an engine grumble to life and I sat up straight, banging my head on Harry’s bunk above me. After recovering from my slight injury, I went out to investigate. The boys were out, racing around on four wheelers.

“What the heck?” I asked, squinting in the sun. I was still in my pajamas, and had thankfully grabbed slippers before coming out.

“Woohoo!” Zayn yelled as he raced around the arena.

“Come join us!” Harry shouted, beckoning me over.

“Let me go change!” I called back, disappearing into the bus. I changed into black ripped jeans and my Beatles shirt. I only found it fitting to wear my combat boots. I didn’t tie my hair back, figuring I wouldn’t actually ride on the bikes.

“Jump on!” Zayn patted the space behind him and I shook my head.

“I don’t think so…”

“C’mon, you’re fine. I’ll be driving. I wouldn’t put you in danger, would I?” He insisted, taking off his helmet.

“Not on purpose,” I fiddled with my necklace.

“Babe. It’ll be fun. Now get on here before I carry you.”

I sighed, but trudged over, climbing onto the back of the four wheeler. He slipped his helmet on my head, and I wrapped my arms around him. “I’ll go slowly at first. Hey, don’t be so nervous.” He assured me.

“You better.” I murmured into the shoulder of his leather jacket. I could feel him chuckle and he began the engine, the sudden rumble causing me to jump. I gripped him tighter, afraid of falling off. “Here we go!!” And with that we sped off- a little faster than I would’ve preferred. I found myself laughing though. The wind flying past us as he cut in around the gates. I caught a glimpse of Liam taking a picture of us. Soon, Zayn slowed to a stop, but I didn’t stop giggling.

“What did I tell you?” Zayn grinned.

“That was so fun!!” I squealed, not even the least but upset at him mocking me.

“We’re getting go carts later this month, too. Up for another go?” He asked.

“Defiantly.” I nodded, and we raced off once again.

**So many exams, so little energy. Sorry if this was bad. I literally had no motivation. Thanks for reading!**