57.

Spent them blessings on myself

-

Omniscient

"I gotta shower" Nadir mumbled and turned over on the bed, yet again revealing her cheek.

"You sleepy. Just take a shower in the morning" Antiere climbed into bed, and out an icepack on her face.

He watched her eyelids lower before she opened them again, over and over.

"Baby, what happened?"

"I took a sleeping thing"

"No, sweetheart, who hit you?" He pulled Nadir onto him and held the icepack in place.

She shook her head no and fell asleep.

-

Nadir got out of bed and went into Keandre's room where she heard noises.

When she cut on the light, Keandre kicked the ball that he was playing with away and turned towards the door. "Ahp"

She gladly picked him up, and they went downstairs.

"Its 2am" She sat him down on the living room floor and cut the tv on.

Nadir changed his pamper before washing her hands and going into the kitchen to heat up a vegetable lasagna.

When she got back, Keandre was sitting on the coffee table and laughing.

"Whats funny, pumpkin?"

Antiere popped up from behind the couch, and made Nadir jump. "He think he safe on the table"

"You dumbass. I could've-"

"I know, you could've done alot of things" He grabbed his son and they sat down on the couch.

"Dont you have a bed to sleep in?"

"They choked you too?" Antiere scowled while looking at the faintest line on her neck, and Nadir laughed.

"That one's from you in bed"

"Oh"

"I went in to go meet with a family, but they're not together, so I went to the father of the children's house, and their mother happened to be there too so I said 'Nadir Bennett. I'm with social services and I would like to talk to you about the wellbeing of your children' but they were arguing, so I had to break it up before it got worse because they were threatening to do things to eachother, and they sounded serious. But I got them to shut up and talk about their kids and about what they wanted to do as far as relocation because they were both deemed unfit parents and everything was going fine and dandy until the lady slapped me because her ex was looking at me"

"Ill fight a bitch for you. And a grown ass nigga who cant keep his eyes to himself"

"She apologized, and started to cry while offering me dollar bills. I went to the dentist afterwards so he could numb that side of my face so I couldn't feel it"

"And that don't make it right"

"I know, but that's my job. Its not an every day thing, its just that sometimes people blow up. I've been handling it"

"Let me make an appointment with you" Antiere took the lasagna from her.

"Our last appointment is enough for me, thank you"

Keandre slid off the table, and climbed up to where his father was and grabbed his fork.

"This grown folks food, scram Ke"

He threw his head back and fell down on the couch sobbing while kicking his feet up in the air.

"Why is my son crying for lasagna in the middle of the night?"

"Pumpkin" Nadir cooed and basically dragged him onto her lap before making him sit up.

She took the fork, and placed it in his hand. "Are you eating first, or me?"

Keandre wiped his face before standing and stabbing at the container with the fork, blowing on it, and shoving it into his own mouth before spitting it out and putting it back onto the fork for Nadir.

"Thats yours" She said.

Keandre shook his head and pulled her bottom lip down before putting it in the space between her gums and lip.

"Delicious" She mumbled as wiped his spit off of her chin.

He dropped his fork and instead just grabbed a handful of lasagna before offering that to her too.

-